• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Need to stop being lazy and diagnose my heater

i think i might have a vacuum leak. my heat blows when im not giving it gas, but when i give it gas my blower kind of dies.
Yep, that is a vacuum leak for sure!

flushed heater core... little gunk came out but no change.

looks like its the blend door, but mine's got the older style cable actuated door, and all the info i'm finding is on the electric one.

blend door ok

checked the hoses again, one hot, one warm.

heater core bad? might just go ahead and flush the whole cooling system.

It may have some hard insulating scale on the tube walls, that can be dissolved with a vinegar soak.

Is the incoming coolant hot enough?

Is the flow fast enough?

What year is it? Vacuum operated Heater control valve?

98. Went for a drive seems to be working now. Not sure if the flush did it or if the blend door was stuck and I worked it loose but it's hot now.

Went to pick and pull, got a new key release button, no luck on a headliner

Looks like I am heading to north Dallas, late Tuesday next week. If anyone has anything small they want to sell, or trade, up or down I-45 next week South Houston to Dallas), let me know ASAP.

I still need a good front bumper, OEM for the 89 XJ. I could also use the drivers side bracket it mounts to and the light bulb holder (inside part) for the drivers side.

Someone around Conroe offered me one (front bumper) here recently?

I will be in a rental car with 4 people, 3 day family reunion, so I can not take anything large or bulky, but small (light or heavy) is OK.

Girlfriend drove the Jeep to work earlier today and said that the lights and stereo were flickering. Once she got to work it wouldn't start again. Alternator took a dump.

Currently headed home to change and feed my belly. Then my friend and I will go tow it back home with his truck.

I also put new tires on my DD after I got off work. Another expensive month for my vehicles. Yay!

Annnnddd the Jeep is home again. Now it waits for an alternator.

57259_4800250334657_2101998423_o.jpg

installed a new powersteering line this morning before work, then took off and reinstalled the line at work cause it was still blowing fluid all over the engine. now its good.

and after thanksgiving i'll be taking delivery of a J20 :D

87 waggy started running rough as I got home last night. :( like it wants to stall and die :(

Renix debugging is next.hasta

Replaced alternator. Realized that I need a new radiator. Some day.

IMG_20121118_131657.jpg

%$#@*$&^%#@^&%$$####@## JEEP!!!!!

And a #$@^*&^$#@#$%%@#@#%@!!!! Day as well.

Installed a new brake rotor on the passenger side 87 waggy.

Back