• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

I've gotta work... Plus I'm 2wd

Welded my new iron rock offroad rear truss on and installed a prime 4x4 gauge and switch panel in the center console with a tranny gauge and water temp gauge. Just got to install the sending units and finish wiring them up tomorrow. I am also gonna try to install new rear shock brackets and iron rock offroad motor mounts tomorrow.

there's a trussed and spooled 4.10 geared 8.8 on CL for 200 bucks right now... I want it.

FINALLY, got my transfercase with the SYE installed and installed the custom made rear driveshaft :) man the driveshaft made a big difference from the stock with the slip.

I only added 4.5" of lift but the SYE and driveshaft were needed!!!

ITS ALIVE!!!!!! :yelclap:

We got the 2.5L, 4 banger. 1984 Cherokee with the XXXXXX hoard of vacuum junk on it, running!!!!!!

It got a short test drive too. Looks like the new fuel filter (which seems to have a built in check valve, or one way valve, 3 connections to it) and the new fuel pump (the old was leaking, and we caught it right away) did the trick.

Waiting for my helper hoping he arrives BEFORE the RAIN and COLD!!!!

:(

It sucks waiting for a helper while the good weather runs out :rattle:

Changing the valve seals on my 87, 4.0

:) finished the valve seal replacement job on Cyl #1 and #2. #2 really needed ones!!!!

First time I did just valve seals. Was a lot easier than I thought, almost too easy. Hardest part, 3/4 of the work, was R&R the valve cover and cleaning the junk and gasket off. I used a permanent Felpro polymer gasket this time :) so next time will be a lot faster and cleaner!!!

Here is the thread on why I did this, and pictures of the fouled spark plugs, etc.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=245806803#post245806803

Finally got a chance to do a shakedown run on the XJ following the rad replacement.

No issues, heater still blowing cold though.

Good to hear mike. My 99 gets a nasty oiled plug on cylinder 3 quite frequently and I'm thinking I need to do that.

Scored a low pinion tj front axle with 4.56's, ox locker, warn hub conversion and 30 spline chromoly's. Gonna pull the ox locker, axles and hub conversion and put in my xj high pinion on Friday. I will be putting the tj axle back together with the 4.56's and a lockright with my stock axles and selling it if anyone is interested.

:) finished the valve seal replacement job on Cyl #1 and #2. #2 really needed ones!!!!

First time I did just valve seals. Was a lot easier than I thought, almost too easy. Hardest part, 3/4 of the work, was R&R the valve cover and cleaning the junk and gasket off. I used a permanent Felpro polymer gasket this time :) so next time will be a lot faster and cleaner!!!

Here is the thread on why I did this, and pictures of the fouled spark plugs, etc.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=245806803#post245806803

I drove it today, 4 short trips, but so far so good. Time will tell!!

Flushed the heater core with CLR, getting 120 at the vents now.

also pulled off the black trim on the side since it was kinda coming off anyways and I like the look without it better.

Then washed both the Jeep and the Subaru

Putva down turnn after the cat to temp fix my exhaust. And installed some properly gapped copper plugs and the difference is night and day. No more miss firing non stop for me.

heater still working great. turned it off today, and it still works after turning it back on, which I was afraid of.

Did a quick rattle can on the rear bumper to hide some scuffs from the PO. Gotta buy a new rad cap, the one on it is pretty grimy.

i'm probably jinxing myself, but everything actually works on the Jeep right now! I guess that means I can start spending money on upgrades instead of repairs.

Back