• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

Tryed to assist a friend with his bug. He broke down and tryed to tow him the 1/2 mile to my house.
Then my rear drivers tire FELL OFF.....YEA IT FELL OFF.....WTHeck
Not a funny joke ... somebody took my lug nuts... no stripped threads no lugs to be found anywhere. Thankfully had a box of junk in the back with extra lugs.
I was towing when the tire popped off, and some how it fell on ...the tire holding it just high enough to get the jack under the axle..

Tore apart(totally) the axle that Rich went and picked up from Swamprat. Made a filler panel to help strengthen the pass side control arm mount. Truss will be made later but before installed on Jeep. I need new ball joints for it to..

Looked at the TJ flares and rear THOR quarter guards that I got from Roger to see how many more bolts I will need to mount them.

how did that axle look? i knwo there rear axle out of that jeep was really buggered up.

It was loose as hell. I undid the carrier retainers and was able to just pull it out with no resistance..Same with the pinion. Basically had no preload what so ever.

I ordered me some long arms. I ended up getting he RC ones. They have the new joints in them now so should be OK. I still am not a fan of the 1 piece cross member but if it becomes a problem I will order up Clayton's 3 piece cross member and use that.

nice! i was kinda shocked at ROM at how many of yall were running short arms! glad you're moving up in the world jay!

nice! i was kinda shocked at ROM at how many of yall were running short arms! glad you're moving up in the world jay!

lol ty it was about time I did it. Now I need a locker for the front and I will be good

We can't all be big ballers Art:D

Put the new new tires on, put in a driveshaft, drove around the property testing the new xfer case and old lockers.

Right side link is very very clunky VERY low mileage on the rebuild. I think I went with the wrong long arms. They're hella beefy, but clunky and I think I experience a little of what I think is called "dive".

What arms burbon? You had RK 3-link way back in the day.

They were last time I checked, but it's been a few years (since its rolled on the road). The grease zerks have all broken off, so I've got to get those out and replaced too.

The RK steering also keeps working itself loose. The RK stuff gets 2 thumbs up for beef, but so far for ride quality and longevity I'm giving it a thumbs down. I finally welded the UCA bracket to the frame rail because it sounded like it was sliding forward and backward when I braked.

Drove mine to school.

i got some 19# 5.0 injectors from a co worker, which are going to be part of my H.O. build for when i pull the (hopefully) still beating renix out of my MJ and get something that works slightly better

They were last time I checked, but it's been a few years (since its rolled on the road). The grease zerks have all broken off, so I've got to get those out and replaced too.

The RK steering also keeps working itself loose. The RK stuff gets 2 thumbs up for beef, but so far for ride quality and longevity I'm giving it a thumbs down. I finally welded the UCA bracket to the frame rail because it sounded like it was sliding forward and backward when I braked.

tighten jam nuts and also on all double sheer bolts make sure they are super tight, on my tnt crossmember i had to tighten those link bolts tight enough to pull the tabs together a little so the joint is nice and squeezed between them. With just a little room to wiggle side to side they will start making noise.

replaced rotor, bent out fender with jack handle to fit spare tire on 'til i get a new rim for the old one.

Back