• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

Took my tire carrier off. The top joint thing is dead. Just need to get another license plate light and some bolts to put the license plate on.

Drained and filled the tcase. Tomorrow, it gets more height.

confirmed oil pressure, it was reading around 5 at idle and 15 at load...

turns out it's more like 50-55 psi at idle and 75-85 at load, that is running 15-40 Rotela diesel oil

-------

fixed my locks on the passenger side

-------

picked up the mats to make my new B.A. fender flares

------

made and installed a light wiring harness upgrade with separate 30 amp fuses for high and low beams... MAJOR light output increase

------

confirmed my 3.55 gear ratio

-------

installed a 100 horse power NOS kit... just kidding about that one

I took my jackstands down stairs and had come to the conclusion I wouldnt have been able to use them in order to swap our rear springs soooo I did nothing. :( I need to get some taller jack stands and a bigger jack before I can.

Yep. I cant even use my jack to get my sliders on. Sigh. I need a damn garage and tools!

yall are helpless i built my jeep in my driveway all by myself with just four regular jacks and four bricks! its all about will power!! lol and trusting you jacks

Last edited:

I hooked up some jumper cables so I could roll up my window. This week was the first time it's been outside in 5 months, I was hoping to get the gas tank pan welded in but the lawnmower broke.

100_0634.jpg

I scored some 6 ton really tall jack stands at Harbor Freight. I think they were ~$30 on sale. They haven't killed me yet.

I put the pinion bearing for my 8.8 in the oven and my pinion in the freezer. They went together like clockwork. Hopefully I didn't warp anything by doing that.

That's why I'm having issues lifting my jeep, my jack and jack stands are too small

Cut some 2x6 blocks and use them on top of your jack stands. I do it all the time. From my experience the wood blocks make a more solid base than the top of the jackstand itself.

Brakelight switch

Who said anything about a fuse?

I don't know where the brake light switch is, but here's the NSS. Granted, it's reverse lights that it usually effects but I wanna say that my old jeep had problems with the brake lights when my switch was dirty.

Back