• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

Under the dash, attached to the upper arm of the brake peddle.

I made a mount for my Hi-lift jack. The mount works real well. I'll get pics tomorrow after its painted and reinstalled.

Went to the JY and scored a Valley Industries 2" receiver hitch for $15 including a little wiring. I hit it with a flap disc on the grinder and some paint and it looks good as new:

xjhitch.jpg

Now I just need to make a pair of nut strips for it so I can mount it.

I spent the last of my gas money on ATF for the manche.... I popped a trans line somehow this morning and was stuck in an intersection

The wife is installing a new power steering pump, pulley, belt and pressure hose. Fun. At least I'm not the one doing it!

OK OK rub it in....You got a keeper......don't let her have all the fun though.

The wife is installing a new power steering pump, pulley, belt and pressure hose. Fun. At least I'm not the one doing it!

Hmm, wondering where you found her, and were there any left?

LOL:laugh3:

Hmm, wondering where you found her, and were there any left?

LOL:laugh3:

In San Antonio! And yes, there are a few left. Just check the local Jiffy Lube and look for the hottie changing the oil! Ask the local cops, they know where they are. They were pretty pissed when I stole her away!

Started swapping out front brake lines. Drivers side is done. Cant get the passenger side out. Too frustrated and pissed of too do anything else. I've realized that I can no longer work on my own Jeep without feeling like burning it down or smashing it to oblivion. Looks like I'll be talking with a few of the shops around here to get what I need finished so I can actually go back to enjoying my Jeep.

I rebuilt my RC lower control arm. Had to take the innards out of a long arm joint(also RC) that RMS692 had. They fit but had to be shimmed to make the washer sit at the right height for the lock clip to be snug and have the joint itself have enough resistance. Hopefully will last till I can afford long arms..

friday afternoon i pulled parts on the cherokee. and started planning evil things to do to my MJ when i get a DD that isnt my jeep

Kicked the crap out of my jeep in effigy. The wife tells me that after sitting for four months with an occasional startup and cruise around town, the alternator AND AC compressor siezed up which obviously shredded the brand new belt. Not to mention that the power steering pump was just replaced and the pulley and the hoses. I'm not even there to get pissed at it and throw wrenches, curse and yell. Somehow the experience won't be complete till I get to ACTUALLY stub my toe off of it's tires. WTF...:flamemad:

I need a beer.

Last edited:

Stay safe over there Eric. We don't want you stubbing your toe on anything....

Started working on one of my MJs...

Its a 91 2wd 4.0 AX15 getting another AX15, a 231 from CC member Comanche County with an sye and 2-low kit, an 8.8 with 4.10s for the rear and a D30 up front with 4.10s and a Yukon Grizzly locker. The lift is all leftovers and hand-me-downs from friends and my XJ. The rear is just getting a simple SOA for now.

the truck
HF3-27-11003.jpg

basic manual everything
HF3-27-11010.jpg

my borrowed workspace
HF3-27-11004.jpg

the pile of some of the parts...
HF3-27-11011.jpg

getting started
HF3-27-11008.jpg

I got the rear axle out
HF3-27-11012.jpg

and then started pulling the front axle out but promptly busted my torx bit so I was stalled for the evening. not to mention all the :group beer: going on!

tonights update proudly brought to you by Shiner
HF3-27-11013.jpg

More to come SOON! :guitar:

Yesterday, I bled the brakes so its driveable again. Was suppose to install springs, shackles, and coil spacers today at my friends shop, but he was too hunger over. Sometime during this week maybe...

Got new fenders and header panel on, greased my doors and put a pass. Side mirror on. And found a straight bed. And I'm starting to plan my bumpers.

Tore apart(totally) the axle that Rich went and picked up from Swamprat. Made a filler panel to help strengthen the pass side control arm mount. Truss will be made later but before installed on Jeep. I need new ball joints for it to..

Looked at the TJ flares and rear THOR quarter guards that I got from Roger to see how many more bolts I will need to mount them.

Back