• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Looking good. Your angles are pretty much parallel. Why did you go with the hex bar or who made them for you?

I pulled a pretty big trailer Saturday for the local college.
d061258d.jpg

It inverted my leafs so I had to rearrange the trailer before I could pull it. They had a tower or pop bottles pushed against the front wall that must have weighed 500lbs at least.

Last edited:

It inverted my leafs so I had to rearrange the trailer before I could pull it. They had a tower or pop bottles pushed against the front wall that must have weighed 500lbs at least.

You need to adjust your bumpstops so they don't go past flat. You will get more life out of them.

Thats a good idea. I have extended bump stops but they aren't long enough apparently. I'll have to get my hands on some square tube soon.

Brought these home yesterday:
MoabWheels.jpg

Now to install them this afternoon.

Got a call from th shop that I took my jeep too, they replaced th crank sensor and still symptoms persist. Were wanting to tear into my engine electronics, and I told them to check the camshaft sensor first before they start costing me a fortune.

Crank sensor and camshaft sensor are both cheap and easy. Shoulda saved some benji's and done it yourself.

I went to Pluckers for jeep night, me and my cousin were the only ones there! Apparently its too cold for all the wrangler wussies!

RC sent me 2 new shocks...woooohooo only expected 1...installed them...

Well today got my rock sliders finally! they turned out pretty good i'm happy with them.... but i'll but some pix up like tomorow when i actually get them on haha but i painted them today

I'm going to go peel the longhorn sticker off mine in a little bit.

the good game was on fox sports net

Went to figure out what the horrendous banging/clanking noise coming from under my rig was. Discovered that the upper bushing on one of my shocks was completely missing. Replaced with a cheap set from oreillys. Now I've gotta figure out what I'm gonna do for the long term.

I went to Pluckers for jeep night, me and my cousin were the only ones there! Apparently its too cold for all the wrangler wussies!

Actually, Jeep Night has been moved to Freedom Jeep for the season....apparently Plucker's doesn't do outside events when its cold outside. There were only 3 Jeeps that showed up.....

BTW, the food was free, but they didn't have any beer...

Stabbed in a new distributor, cap, rotor, and wires. The bearing in the old one was squeaking. Once it was out, it was hard to spin. Definitely wouldn't have lasted long.

Actually, Jeep Night has been moved to Freedom Jeep for the season....apparently Plucker's doesn't do outside events when its cold outside. There were only 3 Jeeps that showed up.....

BTW, the food was free, but they didn't have any beer...

huh. Did you see they are putting a Tilted Kilt in next to Pluckers where Bennigans was?

edit: And Pluckers has "Diesel Truck Night" on Fridays, whats up with that?

Back