• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What kind of gas milage are you gettin

What kind of milage do you get?

• Total voters
Maybe a strange question: does anyone know how much an exo-cage hurts MPG? I would guess more than a roof-rack with a tire, and from what I've gathered that can cost you 2 or 3 MPG.

Just a quick data point before I screw up my Jeep with a lift and such.

Jeep is 2001, 4dr, 4.0, AW4, 242

Stock I was getting about 22 mi/gal. Adding the ARB bullbar dropped about 1 mi/gal. Probably screwed up the aerodynamics enough to have an effect.

r@m

I was getting under 10 in the city and about 15 on the highway with a 2.8L. Since swapping to a 3.4L I'm at about 15 in the city. I'm doing a mountain drive over the weekend, so we'll see what happens then.

TJ,4.10 axles, 32" Swampers, 2"lift. @18 MPG. Of course that is on the towbar behind my Superduty. Otherwise change that to @13-14 highway.
Pretty sad really, can't wait for a domestic diesel option for TJ's.

Brian

I calculate my MPG based on the gallons I put in and the amount of miles driven corrected by GPS; ie, i start with a full tank, there after recording the gallons I put in at each gas stop and the amount of miles driven. Dividing the miles driven by the gallons of gas put in gives the MPG.
I get 20.5 below 70 MPH and 18.5 above 75 MPH all highway driving using the cruise control. City driving has too many variables. I simply do not record it.

Brian Felts said:
My 2000 With 4.0 flowmaster AW4 3.55 Open diff and 30x9.50 15 AT tires gets 15 to 19 depending on conditions running th dog pee out of it.
Update:with 31s and more lift,still running 3.55s gas mileage has dropped mabey a half a mile a gallon speedo is within a couple of MPHs of being right.Cant complain. :)

I got 17 on my way back from CO in my 90, 4.0, AX15, 3.07's, Pacesetter Header, Catback, K&N Filtercharger 235/75/R15's

2000 XJ 4.0 automatic, RE3.5" SF. I'm getting 9-10 in the city calculate from gallons in and mileage. Seems like something isn't right to me. I haven't recalibrated my speedo since I put the 31's on though.

I am with Johnny and think most of you here are full of shit. I don't care what you say you get, I flat out dont beleive you.

And for the "poor college students"....quit yer bitching and be grateful mommy and daddy still pay for stuff. Spend thier money while you can and delay the real world.

Fergie

PS- I get 10-12 in the city, and 18-20 on a flat highway.

And for the "poor college students"....quit yer bitching and be grateful mommy and daddy still pay for stuff.

Oh I wish they still did, I got a bunch of student loans out because I have to pay my own tuition, housing, meal plan, and I have paid for everything that has to do with my Jeep out of my pocket (gas, mantinence, insurance, modifications, the Jeep itself). It sucks being a broke ass college kid since my classes aren't allowing me to work as many hours as I used too. Oh well, i just can't wheel as much as would like to since I cant afford the gas or to break anything. It will be good again in about 4 semesters when I can do my engineering co-op. :)

Co-ops are one of the best programs out there right now, especially for people that are tired of school, and need a bit of a break. You'll get a good amount of experience, and if you get a co-op with the right company, you can always sign on when you are done with school.

Just wait until you are married, and you get to pay for health insurance....talk about the shaft!

Fergie

most of the auto jeeps i have seen have 3.55 gears and the 5 speeds have 3.07.
my gas mileage sucks. 98 auto with 6 inch and 33's gets about 10-11 and mabe if im lucky 12-15 on the highway. with stock 355 gears

I certainly hope nobody is complaining. I don't know what mpg I get (speedo is non-functional), and I don't wanna know !! I don't understand the point in counting my miles, especially after putting every spare penny and every spare hour into making my truck get FEWER miles per gallon? :laugh3: I'm not even slightly curious. Y'all can go ahead and count your own, but I will be laughing here on my end of the cable at anyone that's complaining about the mpg after adding the lift/tires/etc. :D Suck it up.
Jeep on!
--Pete

Back