• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What jack do you carry around in your rig?

Nope, I got a flat on the freeway and only had the oem bottle jack. It sucked, I ended up using like 5 of my text books to get the tire high enough to get it off. Now I'm the happy owner of a 48" high lift jack.

Put it under the axle :D

I have used my Bottle jack a few times and its worked great. I used a hi-lift this last weekend because I was in an odd spot and it was easier to get the hilift on my sliders. If it had been a little smoother I would have used a bottle jack.

2.5 ton bottle jack in place of the factory screw jack(same size!)
and a 4' hi-lift when I'm wheeling.

Are you running a 4.5" lift? I am, but haven't tested the jack to see if it'd even get the tires off the ground.

my oem wasnt tall enough when i was stock...

my oem wasnt tall enough when i was stock...

There's a little handle you have to turn to raise the jack.

I own a 60" hi-lift but haven't carried it since I got my winch. Now I don't carry any jack at all. Thinking about getting a OEM or similar jack in case I have to change a tire.

Seems like there has been a lot of good luck with the OEM jack. I suppose I'll hafta jack my rig up and see how big of a block of wood I'll need.

When jacking the rig, does it go under the diff?

Seems like there has been a lot of good luck with the OEM jack. I suppose I'll hafta jack my rig up and see how big of a block of wood I'll need.

When jacking the rig, does it go under the diff?

if you mean with a bottle jack,...NO I wouldnt trust it to be stable enough there! I would only use a floor jack for that. Read any owners manual/ stickers for exact placement but its along the tube near the tire your working on.

Back