• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Is The Most Badass Steering Stabilizer For An Unlifted XJ (A Deat Wobble Story)?

Then both Firestone techs and the "professional off-road guy" have no clue what they're doing.

I'd go for the surgery. Why spend money on Advil when you can solve the root issue from the beginning and not put it on the back burner for several years. Actually, we DID go for the surgery. My wife has bad knees. She opted for the surgery and doesn't need the pain pills.

No. I was born, raised and still live in my home town. Funny you say that though, I was going to make a similar "yankee" accusation about you. Though, I guess I already did since Bimmer Jeeper is clearly a dumbass yankee.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Why take a dollar's worth of Advil every week to be symptom-free when, even with your rock-star insurance, you can spend 5 grand on co-pays and miss 8 weeks of work to have the surgery?

I'm beginning to understand.

And any South Carolinian who has no reaction to Earl Duke's BBQ is clearly a Yankee at heart. Abbeville is nearly North Carolina, anyway. Probably load your BBQ sauce up with vinegar, don't you? How many damn orange tiger paws you got stuck on your truck?

Do you even know what this is?

Your steering and suspension is a pretty vital part of your Jeep. If your steering lets loose on you at 70 MPH, or one of your tie rod ends snap off on a hard corner your steering stabilizer won't save you - or the family in the mini-van next to you.

That's a bit alarmist, don't you think? Aside from the DW-specific checking that's been done, with the 5,000 mile interval I have alignments/wheel balances done at, that means my front end has been looked over at least 28 times.

What you are suggesting is like saying "my engine is making a loud knock, but as long as my radio is turned up really high, it will be ok because I can't hear it."

OK, that one was pretty good. Off-point, but at least a little humorous.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Why take a dollar's worth of Advil every week to be symptom-free when, even with your rock-star insurance, you can spend 5 grand on co-pays and miss 8 weeks of work to have the surgery?

I'm beginning to understand.

And any South Carolinian who has no reaction to Earl Duke's BBQ is clearly a Yankee at heart. Abbeville is nearly North Carolina, anyway. Probably load your BBQ sauce up with vinegar, don't you? How many damn orange tiger paws you got stuck on your truck?

Do you even know what this is?

It cost about $2,200 out of my pocket for the surgery but the problem has been solved. Well worth the money to know that my wife's knee is fixed.

Earl Duke's. I was in Orangeburg last week. I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express right off of the interstate. I was pretty scared to leave my vehicle unattended in the parking lot. It looked pretty sketchy. Honestly, I don't prefer BBQ. It's just never been that great to me. I'd prefer a nice Cheese burger.

Tiger Paw's. While my ENTIRE family is full blooded, bleeds orange, Clemson fan's... I'd like nothing more than to see any college, high school, person, field, ball, can of spray paint that has anything to do with football be burned to the ground. I despise football with the majority of my being. So, needless to say, I have no Tiger Paws on my Jeep.

Your logic is still flawed.

It cost about $2,200 out of my pocket for the surgery but the problem has been solved. Well worth the money to know that my wife's knee is fixed.

2,200 for one knee. Wonder how much it would have been fro two knees, and a hip? Did your 2,200 factor in 8-10 weeks' lost wages? For me, that's a lot more than 2,200. Especially when you can take an anti-inflammatory and be just fine.

Earl Duke's. I was in Orangeburg last week. I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express right off of the interstate. What a rat hole. Whew. Honestly, I don't prefer BBQ. It's just never been that great to me. I'd prefer a nice Cheese burger.

If you stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right off the interstate a) Why? b) Why would anyone who chose to stay at a Holiday Inn Express then complain that it was a rat hole? and most importantly, c) if you stayed at The Holiday Inn Express right off the interstate, you were not in Orangeburg.

Tiger Paw's. While my ENTIRE family is full blooded, bleeds orange, Clemson fan's... I'd like nothing more than to see any college, high school, person, field, ball, can of spray paint that has anything to do with football be burned to the ground. I despise football with the majority of my being. So, needless to say, I have no Tiger Paws on my Jeep.

Your logic is still flawed.

Genetics cannot be overcome, sir. Especially when it appears inbreeding is involved, as any native-born South Carolinian who could not recognize a CAROLINA dog would appear to indicate.

Although I agree that the steering stabilizer is not the root of your problem. It seems that you have your mind made up. So I will simply recommend Monroe part number sc2928. I wouldn't waste my money on a Super special stabilizer filled with unicorn urine for longevity. If that Monroe unit doesn't mask your issue neither will the Super special unicorn urine version. The Monroe does have a lifetime warranty, however I would not reasonably expect it to last the life of the vehicle. The worse your actual problem is, the shorter the life of the bandaid/ teporary fix.

2,200 for one knee. Wonder how much it would have been fro two knees, and a hip? Did your 2,200 factor in 8-10 weeks' lost wages? For me, that's a lot more than 2,200. Especially when you can take an anti-inflammatory and be just fine.

If you stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right off the interstate a) Why? b) Why would anyone who chose to stay at a Holiday Inn Express then complain that it was a rat hole? and most importantly, c) if you stayed at The Holiday Inn Express right off the interstate, you were not in Orangeburg.

Genetics cannot be overcome, sir. Especially when it appears inbreeding is involved, as any native-born South Carolinian who could not recognize a CAROLINA dog would appear to indicate.

lol, You're putting way too much effort into this and getting way off topic.

Yes, one knee. No, she was paid 100% the entire time she was off. That's what Short term disability is for.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express because the commercials say it's all the rage.

No, I'm pretty certain that I'd enjoy watching any football stadium burn to the ground.

I have a Basset Hound. No, I didn't recognize the breed. I assume that was an image you found online and not actually your dog. That would explain why it is up-to-date on it's shots.

You're grasping at straws. Have you ordered a miracle stabilizer from Kevin's yet?

Although I agree that the steering stabilizer is not the root of your problem. It seems that you have your mind made up. So I will simply recommend Monroe part number sc2928. I wouldn't waste my money on a Super special stabilizer filled with unicorn urine for longevity. If that Monroe unit doesn't mask your issue neither will the Super special unicorn urine version. The Monroe does have a lifetime warranty, however I would not reasonably expect it to last the life of the vehicle. The worse your actual problem is, the shorter the life of the bandaid/ teporary fix.

FINALLY!

Thank you very much sir!

(P.S. I didn't miss the snark and sarcasm, I just choose to let it go, as along with it, you actually chose to answer my question. Thank you again)

lol, You're putting way too much effort into this and getting way off topic.

Yes, one knee. No, she was paid 100% the entire time she was off. That's what Short term disability is for.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express because the commercials say it's all the rage.

No, I'm pretty certain that I'd enjoy watching any football stadium burn to the ground.

I have a Basset Hound. No, I didn't recognize the breed. I assume that was an image you found online and not actually your dog. That would explain why it is up-to-date on it's shots.

You're grasping at straws. Have you ordered a miracle stabilizer from Kevin's yet?

Right. Why would a South Carolinian know anything about the only wild dog native to The United States of America, which can only be found in parts of South and North Carolina, and Georgia?

Because they don't care? lol, It's pretty crazy how that wild dog is current on it's shots.

Here. This is a link to the bandaid that was just suggested in a previous post. I figured it's the least that I could do.

http://www.amazon.com/Monroe-SC2928-Magnum-Steering-Damper/dp/B000C53XRK

Thanks, but I prefer to support my local economy.

And how coincidental that you mention Lily's shots, when we're off to have them tday.

Have you considered a shot, or two for yourself?

Thanks, but I prefer to support my local economy.

And how coincidental that you mention Lily's shots, when we're off to have them tday.

Have you considered a shot, or two for yourself?

Kevin's is local to you? Cool!

Rocko's shots are scheduled for today, too.

I'm current, no worries. lol Here in the wilds of SC they require rabies once a year.

Ok, this has become boring.

My advice to you, even though you don't care, is to find a better shop that knows what they're doing from now on.

Holy hell....can we just lock this thread already?

Maybe Bimmer jeeper has returned ?

Back