• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the best all around item in you tool box?

spud wrench
spud20wrench20small.jpg

The tools in my pack that I use the most often, other than ratchets and screwdrivers, are a small pick/awl and an 18" crowbar

Used them both fixing my 242 today... the pick/awl was used to help guide the oil pickup tube into the pump, and the crowbar was used to break the old RTV seal

I have special bent craftsman standard screwdrivers used and small pry bars.

Bottle opener followed closely by C-4.

TBH, I actually have a few of them I inherited from my grandpa but never know the purpose of the pointed end until now.

Depends on if you are lifted or stock, and what frequently needs attention on your rig. That being said, I always wheel with the largest adjustable open end wrench that I own. That, and about a hundred other tools.

spud wrenches are cool i guess, if your aligning i-beams... i have an alignment tool thats basically a tapered shaft, does the same thing at a third of the price.... i havent used an adjustable wrench since high school...

spud wrenches are cool i guess, if your aligning i-beams... i have an alignment tool thats basically a tapered shaft, does the same thing at a third of the price.... i havent used an adjustable wrench since high school...

Best tool for the job, no, but the thread title is "what is the best all around item in your toolbox?":twak:

i havent used an adjustable wrench since high school...
They are useful for large nuts, things like transfer case drain plug, jamb nut on the trackbar, etc. In fact I just recently bought two new ones, a bigger one for the shop, and a medium one for the bag. Easier to carry one than a bunch of large wrenches that I'm unlikely to need. Already had a couple of small ones that are pretty much useless but keep them in the other car for emergency purposes (limited tools in that car)

They are useful for large nuts, things like transfer case drain plug, jamb nut on the trackbar, etc. In fact I just recently bought two new ones, a bigger one for the shop, and a medium one for the bag. Easier to carry one than a bunch of large wrenches that I'm unlikely to need. Already had a couple of small ones that are pretty much useless but keep them in the other car for emergency purposes (limited tools in that car)

I have 2 large adjustable wrenches and honestly very rarely use them. I think I just forget about them but for stuff like large jam nuts I was happy to have them.

Back