• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does your rig weigh?

cracker said:
Never mind

standard.jpg

That was quick....................

-Mike

Just weighed the Xota today. Now that I have the D44's and the cage done I wanted to know.

I did have about a 100 lbs. of tools and recovery gear and a full size spare. No driver.

It weighed 4,160 lbs. I was hoping it would be a little lighter.

Dsc00666.jpg

87xjco said:
Just weighed the Xota today. Now that I have the D44's and the cage done I wanted to know.

I did have about a 100 lbs. of tools and recovery gear and a full size spare. No driver.

It weighed 4,160 lbs. I was hoping it would be a little lighter.

Dsc00666.jpg
Nice tube work.

Weighed at All4Fun

Tools
Spare front axle shafts
Cooler
1/2 tank of gas

LF 1016
RF 1012
LR 1074
RR 1096

Total 4198

Update with new axles.
Completely trail ready with tools:

5510lbs

2900lb on front
2610lbs on rear

For me, it's easier to admit that my junk is a portly trail rig and build appropriately. Hard to slim down and maintain the utility part of the SUV.

Yeah, there are some climbs my junk won't make. Oh well, a pull on the Jager and a pull on the cable makes me feel better about the situation.

David Taylor said:
:twak: slim that thing down some.
How, chop the body up?
If I wanted a TJ or MJ I'd buy one.
If I wanted a tube buggy I'd build one.

kid4lyf said:
How, chop the body up?
If I wanted a TJ I'd buy one.

I spent the past couple nights removing all things heater related, good for 29 lbs. & hte best part is it's all up front & above the COG.

A/C is good for 21 lbs.

Center cosol is good for 9 lbs.

There's a start for ya. All things that you can do without.

Paul

Paul S said:
I spent the past couple nights removing all things heater related, good for 29 lbs. & hte best part is it's all up front & above the COG.

A/C is good for 21 lbs.

Center cosol is good for 9 lbs.

There's a start for ya. All things that you can do without.

Paul
And then I wouldn't have a heater, or AC, or a convenient place to put switches, ARB controls, and coffee cup.
What next, no power to the Corbeaus?

Could I do without them?
Sure, I live near Chicago, never gets cold in January, or hot in August. I could just hold my drink.

I could remove some cage triangulation.
Should be good for a few pounds.

Hey now, the Flowmaster keeps everything nice and toasty in the winter and the no windshield and roof thing keeps me breezy in the summer.
You can put in bicycle bottle holders for drinks.
Cutting off the C-pillars saved me 60 more lbs, so I'm now down to

OT said:
Hey now, the Flowmaster keeps everything nice and toasty in the winter and the no windshield and roof thing keeps me breezy in the summer.
You can put in bicycle bottle holders for drinks.
Cutting off the C-pillars saved me 60 more lbs, so I'm now down to

Keep cutting. There is still a good 200 you can get out of there.

If we're really down to the last 50-100 pounds, I think it's time to start posting pics of GF's and wives. :D

Paul, you don't let your wife and kid ride with you anymore, do you?

CRASH said:
If we're really down to the last 50-100 pounds, I think it's time to start posting pics of GF's and wives. :D

Paul, you don't let your wife and kid ride with you anymore, do you?

Garry's not my wife, he just cooks my meals on the lakebed. & he's been put on notice. If he doesn't get his buggy done he'll have to find a new ride.

Paul

p.s. Leilani doesn't want to ride with me:tear: something about JV not looking like the 'Con.

Paul S said:
Garry's not my wife, he just cooks my meals on the lakebed. & he's been put on notice. If he doesn't get his buggy done he'll have to find a new ride.

Paul

p.s. Leilani doesn't want to ride with me:tear: something about JV not looking like the 'Con.

Which reminds me, have you decided to trade your kid's future for the lakebed?

It's a buyer's market up here right now, mega inventory......

Back