• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does your rig weigh?

CRASH said:
Which reminds me, have you decided to trade your kid's future for the lakebed?

It's a buyer's market up here right now, mega inventory......

Actually, we're heading up to Folsom tonight. But our market tanked too, so we kinda missed the boat to sell.

P

kid4lyf said:
Update with new axles.
Completely trail ready with tools:

5510lbs

2900lb on front
2610lbs on rear

Nice.

You don't have to let so much air out of your tires.

I just don't weigh mine.............ignorance is bliss.

My stock 4-door '91 HO tipped the scale at pretty accurate 5000 lbs. loaded with two persons, 20 metres of DOM tubing, and various industrial tools.

NXJ said:
My stock 4-door '91 HO tipped the scale at pretty accurate 5000 lbs. loaded with two persons, 20 metres of DOM tubing, and various industrial tools.

That post is worthless without pics. :D

You got it!

dsc05942wu6.jpg

Oh, what do you think about my vintage ski’s? :shhh:

'97 XJ, 4.0/AX-15, full sheet-metal (almost), full interior, no internal cage (some engine cage/front subframe work), kingpin 60 front, 14 bolt rear, 38" SX's on 16.5" steelies, Fox 14" CO's, Warn front bumper/m8000, tools, axe/shovel/hi-lift etc, and my skinny ass.....

You dont want to know. (2 lbs shy of 5k lb). :(

And the best part.... Here she is dragging a 4,000 lb Mustang/Trailer combo down a 3,000 mile stretch from Homer, AK to NorCal. No major issues, whatsoever.

random-093.jpg

xtremexj94 said:
Mine weighs in around 5200lbs with tools and extra fuel. Not too bad for 42s, Unimog diffs and exo-cage.
Way too light.
That thing'll fold like a taco if you wheel it.
:D

xtremexj94 said:
Mine weighs in around 5200lbs with tools and extra fuel. Not too bad for 42s, Unimog diffs and exo-cage.
yeah but thats canadian pounds, so that comes to what 6700 american

Ramsey said:
yeah but thats canadian pounds, so that comes to what 6700 american

That's too funny. Fortunately though, pound for pound, we are all full of the same b.s. :)

BrettM - thanks for putting up the link.

A little hang time:

Last edited:
Holy old thread, Batman.
New rig is 3100lb.

10-18-08029.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

3420 with a full tank of gas!

That's an 89 two door, 35" Dunlops, lexan doors, no back seat and homebrew bumpers. Otherwise full body...

A year and a half later, I weighed in at 4260, but I was 200 of it, so 4060# net, 640# gain.

Some of that is steel doors (it's now December in Ohio), a little for the drop brackets, and I've moved from Dunlops to BFGs...

The rest was spares and tools, loaded for the trail.

I may carry too much stuff...

Robert

Back