• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you need to get done?

Ok so if I rip this thing off on the first trail can you just give me a break and an A for effort?

I still want to tie it into the rear with a plate. I need to drill and tap for a Zerk. I wasn't thinking when I put the one in there that is in there. It's right by the muffler. I'll grab a 90 deg one today. I need to weld the braces on better but I think it will work. at least in my head it does. :eek:

Glenn, I can't tell in the pic, is that round tube inside the square tube?

If so, how tight is the fit and what is the wall thickness of the inside tube?

The reason I ask is I have the same style of slip and turn traction bar and my inside tube is filled with solid bar stock. If you do the math, that inside bar sees a hella load with all the leverage. That tube will kink right on the bottom where it slides into the outer tube, even more so if it slides into a square tube that only touches at 4 points and not all around its O.D.

But anything will be better that what you had!

Can't wait to see it in person!:party:

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a 3rd cousin's brother, that has a tow pig for sale. :wave:

I know a guy who knows a guy that has a Neon he'd trade! :D

How did the lockrite break? Was it the locker itself or the stock carrier?

I'm not to worried, it's a very tired 4.0 and just 31"s.
And Stephen has never so much as wheeled a gravel driveway, he will be very timid on a real trail. I expect to constantly tell him to hit the skinny pedal harder.

I'm not entirely sure, i broke the locker passenger side steering linkage bolt and both u-joints at the same time. Damn near put a hole in my tire too. The carrier appeared to be ok, but the lock rite shifted in. The carrier when everything let loose. I run 35's, I would hope 31's would handle some abuse just fine. I was bound up hard in some rocks with the wheel turned and foot on the gas when everything let go

Ok so if I rip this thing off on the first trail can you just give me a break and an A for effort?

I still want to tie it into the rear with a plate. I need to drill and tap for a Zerk. I wasn't thinking when I put the one in there that is in there. It's right by the muffler. I'll grab a 90 deg one today. I need to weld the braces on better but I think it will work. at least in my head it does. :eek:

Use a flush mount high pressure zerk.

Glenn, I can't tell in the pic, is that round tube inside the square tube?

If so, how tight is the fit and what is the wall thickness of the inside tube?

The reason I ask is I have the same style of slip and turn traction bar and my inside tube is filled with solid bar stock. If you do the math, that inside bar sees a hella load with all the leverage. That tube will kink right on the bottom where it slides into the outer tube, even more so if it slides into a square tube that only touches at 4 points and not all around its O.D.

But anything will be better that what you had!

Can't wait to see it in person!:party:

Square is .25 2x2 round is 1.5 solid. You are saying that the square will kink? Did yours do that? What could be done to prevent it?

Is the rear truss welded to the punkin, if not do so.

It is welded but needs to be finished. It was 10 pm and I wanted to test it before I went home. The entire unit is removable. I can pull it off and service it if the round decides we rust itself to the square. I plan to add some braces to the outside mounts of the cross member. I'm running out of time and this weekend I'm going to visit my family in Aiken.

If your inside round tube is solid it should be fine, the outer square tube at 1/4 wall should be fine as well.

Installed new plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor. Took it for a ride to town and ran some errands. Got gas and it's getting 17.29 MPG before the tune up.

I really need to install new rear brake pads but....

I took the hose and washed off the Jeep. Now to get everything loaded.

My list is short now;

Check the SWR on my radio since I moved the antenna
Ziptie the cooler lines back to the hangers
Pack it up, strap it down.

I need to install the CB in the Commander and check all fluids and its ready

Buy some food and that's it.

ARGG rough day. The fitting to finish my hydro lines were delivered and they are the wrong size. If need to find a Hydro shop to make me lines tomorrow. Problem is that the hose is only 6" long and crimp on fittings that I have seen are ~2.5 inches each, which leaves no room for the hose to bend. Hopefully they have some solution.

ARGG rough day. The fitting to finish my hydro lines were delivered and they are the wrong size. If need to find a Hydro shop to make me lines tomorrow. Problem is that the hose is only 6" long and crimp on fittings that I have seen are ~2.5 inches each, which leaves no room for the hose to bend. Hopefully they have some solution.

Oh wow that sucks!

All I got left is to put some coolant in, drive to Mike's house and load it up!

My Heep is on the trailer but I have a tranny cooler line disconnect leaking at the tranny, i will fix it when we get there tomorrow.

I hope the weather is better there than it is here.

Back