• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you need to get done?

Drive flanges, fan clutch, radiator, thermostat, shackles, rear axle u-bolts, rear driveshaft done.

Glad I can work on my switch panels inside tonight. I've been through 2 sets of clothes today in the humidity.

Tranny fixed! It was the gauge reading high, I thought I had cooked it. Its now flushed, new filter, new gauge is ordered.

New tranny and steering coolers added.

I went through my gear today and organized it.

Fixed the auxiliary lights

Added the modified engine skid

Moved CB antenna from the front to the drivers fender.

Added 8" subwoofer(my BlueGrass needs more bump in it)

I still have to;

Replace drivers side power mirror

Done

Add skids to the RE drop brackets

Done

Fix AC blower motor switch

Done

Replace exhaust manifold, mine has a major crack in it.

Not gonna bother with it, it runs fine the way it is

Wire the E-fan and tranny cooler fan to relays

Working on this now

The tranny is still a issue. The new gauge reads hot, just not as hot as the old gauge. The IR thermometer that I borrowed from Hadfield tells a different story. According to the IR I'm running cool.

Jeep is ready. Front locker and 760s are in.

This week, the tow rig needs an oil change, ac o-rings and a recharge. And a general once over, one last time.

Trailer is getting a new wheel bearing and brakes checked. Maybe one new tire too.

I need to get my tools sorted out, their the spares in the back. Throw on stock shock for now, New pads and rotors and load my other crap.

I think we're about ready. We're (hopefully) changing the passenger side ball joints on the tow rig tonight. Beyond that and packing here we go!!!

Here is the 'family MJ'. I wanted to be able to tote the family fairly safely. So we adapted a TJ cage to the MJ. It's held in with more...and heavier duty hardware than when in a TJ. THe seat is the 3rd row seat (and belts) from a dodge caravan. THen I got a safari bikini top and fit it to keep the direct sun and maybe (a little) rain off the kids int he back.

e3q6.jpg

cycv.jpg

tged.jpg

I think we're about ready. We're (hopefully) changing the passenger side ball joints on the tow rig tonight. Beyond that and packing here we go!!!

Here is the 'family MJ'. I wanted to be able to tote the family fairly safely. So we adapted a TJ cage to the MJ. It's held in with more...and heavier duty hardware than when in a TJ. THe seat is the 3rd row seat (and belts) from a dodge caravan. THen I got a safari bikini top and fit it to keep the direct sun and maybe (a little) rain off the kids int he back.

e3q6.jpg

cycv.jpg

tged.jpg

That is pretty cool. Seems like I remember a much less safe system used in Florida in the beds of PU playing in the mud.

Almost done with the supper top secret traction hack job!

Last edited:
Hack the fenders some more and inventory the spare parts bin.

Doesn't look like i'll be replacing the shocks like I wanted too..

That is pretty cool. Seems like I remember a much less safe system used in Florida in the beds of PU playing in the mud.

Almost done with the supper top secret traction hack job!

It's no less...and is probably a bit more safe than riding in the back of my CJ5. The kids love it and now that it's caged and covered it should be even better.

Yeah when I was a kid we just used to hang on to the tool or dog boxes when we were in the woods. Some of our hunting trucks were so old they did not have seat belts even in the front.

It's no less...and is probably a bit more safe than riding in the back of my CJ5. The kids love it and now that it's caged and covered it should be even better.

Yeah when I was a kid we just used to hang on to the tool or dog boxes when we were in the woods. Some of our hunting trucks were so old they did not have seat belts even in the front.

My favorite was the love seat or recliner just sitting there.... lol!

Floyd is done, the bus is done, all I have left to do is......

Install 3" budget boost with shocks.
Miller weld the rear axle.
Weld on new lower control arm mount.
Install lockrite in the 30, with junkyard 297 shafts.
Cut fenders to the bone.
Remove sway bars.
Come up with some tow points.

It's gonna be a busy weekend!

The hardest thing is gonna be teaching my buddy Stephen to give this cheap jeep a proper Team Struggle beat down!

Floyd is done, the bus is done, all I have left to do is......

Install 3" budget boost with shocks.
Miller weld the rear axle.
Weld on new lower control arm mount.
Install lockrite in the 30, with junkyard 297 shafts.
Cut fenders to the bone.
Remove sway bars.
Come up with some tow points.

It's gonna be a busy weekend!

The hardest thing is gonna be teaching my buddy Stephen to give this cheap jeep a proper Team Struggle beat down!

85xjwoody has a set of tow points for sale in the MWC for sale, Tim.

How did the lockrite break? Was it the locker itself or the stock carrier?

I'm not to worried, it's a very tired 4.0 and just 31"s.
And Stephen has never so much as wheeled a gravel driveway, he will be very timid on a real trail. I expect to constantly tell him to hit the skinny pedal harder.

I need to replace a rear shock, change the oil and it appears load onto a trailer and go.

I need to replace a rear shock, change the oil and it appears load onto a trailer and go.

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a 3rd cousin's brother, that has a tow pig for sale. :wave:

Back