• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you get for gas millage

i got a record of 334 miles to tank, from melbourne to tampa and back.

The average was 20.8 mpg, on stock tires, no lift, and level ground.
My AC is dead, Ive got a APN header, dryflow filter, and a rebuilt motor with 13k on it.

Thats barely less than my 00! It gets 21 on highway.
Ive never seen anyone getting better than 22 mpg over long cruises.

Mudderoy said:
Drove from Houston to Central Texas Sunday.

I was surprised to see that I was getting 14 mpg on the highway with cruise control on. I was driving 75 miles per hour and 3000 rpm.

2nd tank was 14 mpg.

3rd tank was 16.8 mpg! This is the best mileage I have had since I started measuring the mpg. This was on the way home. It was dark and got cooler as we drove back to Houston. I drove back at exactly 65 mph and 2400 rpm. I still have a problem, I just have to find it.

Ok scratch that 16.8. I don't know how I misread that, I guess it was the 14 hours on the road that day. It was 14.69 mpg. So driving easy, 4:56 gears and O2 sensors replaced, still not there.

I'm pretty sure I need to replace the TPS since it will idle at 1200 rpm sometimes.

My 99 is my daily driver but I don't really care about the mileage since I only put gas in it every 6 weeks or so.

That being said, I'm sitting right at 16.2 so far on this tank according to the Scangauge.

15-17 depending on how I drive it, bearing in mind that my commute alway has passes to go over, three to be exact, if I keep my foot out of it I can get 17 from bailey to breck and back over kenosha, red hill and hoosier
passes.

My last tank netted 14.8 MPG. 30 miles of city, 30 miles of trail and the rest highway between Denver and South Park.

90, Auto, 3.55 on 33”x 12.5”

Pulled down 16mpg on this last tank. Can't wait to get intake/exhaust manifolds swapped out in time for $4.50 gas...

Jim

freedom50.jpg

Over this many miles at 65mph on mostly interstate:
freedom51.jpg

Back