• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you do at work?

Yea, well,...
anything designed to work on water probably doesn't work in sand so well :D

You'd be surprised how many squids you see in the sandbox. The thing that gets me is that the whole nautical thing sticks with them, even when they're not on a boat....:rolleyes: everything is effing nautical terms with them, annoys the shit out of me. I think they do it just to be different. At least now the AF can say "hey, our new uniforms aren't as bad as the Navy's new ones..."

No,... it might make little/no sense, but it wouldn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

is not making sense the reason it wouldn't suprise you? :)

We has a sailor attatched to my company down range. He never went outside the wire but he worked on our crew systems(anti ied crap) which we were very thankful for the amount of times those things got pinged was insane though they didn't work all of the time o_O.

I work for the navy now Love the job but the lack of discipline is crazy. Sailors are always late for everything never on time.

Retired Navy.....now a stay at home Dad while the wife slaves away!

now a stay at home Dad while the wife slaves away!

Damn nice, I'm jealous. My girl is a stay at home mom and all we have is dogs... shammer.

No thanks. there's atleast 3 years of changing diapers before I can start teaching them to take out the trash. I can tell now with cleaning up dog crap I'm going to be the one doing it when I'm off work...

Sounds like it's time for her to get a J-O-B. Gives you more money for your XJ.

Yeah she's looking I just have to stay on top of her...figuratively speaking :).

I'll post up again since I'm changing jobs next week. I've been in school for about a year, and now I'm finally starting a job in the industry I've been working so hard to get into. Next Wednesday I start as a graphic designer for a small advertising company in Garden Grove, CA. Mostly I'll be putting together 1/4 and 1/2 page advertisements that will run in local newspapers. Not my dream job but you've gotta start somewhere, right?

I deliver beer for a Miller/Coors/Corona/Tecate/Heineken/ etc.. distributor. Drive around in a 35' International semi. Mostly liquor stores, convenience stores, and bars.

I don't really do much but with all the time I have spent in college I can probably call myself a professional student.

I do a lot of stuff depending on what needs to be done

*Lead software tester
*Knowledge Base Author/Publisher
*Commercial Content Author/QC

I currently work for a small company building research combines for the big seed corps. I do hydraulic/electrical work. I started as a heavy equipment mechanic, and I ran a shop for a large construction company for about 2 years before i decided i wanted to work with clean parts :gee: Now I am going to school online for electronics engineering.

I run match grinders at Cummins. I match injector tips to injector needles for Heavy Duty truck and off the road construction engines.

I sit on my butt.
Freight Relocation Engineer.

MadFlex005.jpg

Back