• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Well I think mine is not so much what I did to it today but what I did for it today, I went and helped get the motor that is going in it pulled out today and now it is sitting in the garage waiting for me to start working on it now.

CJ

I pulled my right rear axle shaft to fill the diff because I don't have a 9/16s Allen wrench to undo the fill plug. I also finished with my crossover steering and took it for s spin to the parts store. My eyeball alignment worked very well. I realized that I haven't done a tune up since may 07 so new cap/rotor plugs and wires tomorrow as well as an oil change since its been about a year (less than 1k miles though).

Alot
2e3aec40.jpg

But I was not alone. thank you so much Scott, Cj, and Dennis!

Flauged it like a rented mule at TSF today hasta I was having fun but not sure if the XJ was lol

While I was sick with food poisoning, in between bathroom sessions, I made a harness for my H4 lights I scored from Branden.

IMG00195-20110219-1728.jpg

Here are my new lights in the Jeep.

IMG00198-20110220-1641.jpg

Put a new left taillight on it. Got a factory roof rack, new glove box door and some factory switches. All courtesy of BIGDOG Cj.

Got some help putting on scotts trailer
98b575e4.jpg

f23a25e7.jpg

5a45c45e.jpg

Watched her go down the road for the last time, iv had her for over 4 years it's the longest iv ever had a vehicle.
bd7af755.jpg

ad116955.jpg

b78589fb.jpg

13445a8d.jpg

:cry:

Put a new left taillight on it. Got a factory roof rack, new glove box door and some factory switches. All courtesy of BIGDOG Cj.

:shhh: People are going to get the wrong idea and think I'm some kind of nice guy or something.

Nick I think we all are going to miss seeing that red beast.

As for what I did today well get all my new tinted windows in mine today but that's about all I got done on mine.

CJ

Spent saturday and most of sunday trying to get the damn rear end apart. Finaly found a slide hammer i could use. Got it out and found this...
0220111617.jpg

How the hell do you break a cross pin ?

anyway, Thank you Jason (Crazymoose) for delivering me a replacement ! you rock man ! Jeep is back on four wheels again. Just need to top off diff fluid in the morning and im good to go.

No problem Rod I know you would have done it for me buddy. I have no use for it at this point anyway. Yeah thats kind of crazy to break a cross pin. They do take alot of stress chirping tires you need to stop burning rubber on asphalt dude. :)

If I remember correctly a lot of the factory cross pins are non hardened. Aftermarket hardened cross pins are available (Spicer?).

I replaced my front when I installed the locker, but neglected to do it for the rear. I guess we'll see which one last longer.

where'd you get it ? Six states ?

where'd you get it ? Six states ?
Woody's, but I guarantee Six States would have them. I remember doing a file test on it, and I couldn't mark up the "hardened" one, where as on the OEM I could file a groove in it.

How did the carrier look? I'm honestly surprised the cross pin let loose before the carrier cracked. Now you have me adding "replace rear cross pin" to the to-do list. :twak:

everything looked surprisingly good. A few very small chips in the pinion teeth from the cross pin making contact I assume. I expected a mess when i opened it up. but was pleasantly surprised.

Just hope i didn't miss anything.

and i really hope i don't regret not getting a hardened cross pin (that I didn't know existed till tonite)

icon10.gif

Back