• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Well I am unsure of that scenario. I think you need to figure which one you would rather break. Like your front axle hub or shaft. I am all for making things bullet proof to a point I would much rather replace a hub or a lock out instead of pulling a shaft. Like your scenario Rod I think I would rather break a pin than crack a case. At that point your looking at a new carrier probably new gears and someone to intall them. Just my own 2 pennys.
:banghead: Still any of those scenarios is annoying especialy on a trail so you were lucky Rod. If you chose to do the hardend cross pin just pull that one out and give it back to me. Just dont return it broken. :)

Why not a 95 head or older arent those suppose to be better any way. Contact nick (redjeep) he works at a JY he maybe able to help you.

Just a thought. :)

changed the oil.... even though the jeep has its own oil changing system!!!1

Later this week I will be doing a pre-run inspection and hopefully mounting my new rock lights.

Sold it. Might actually miss this one a little, had some nice parts on it.:greensmok

012-9.jpg

well i got a new fuel pump installed. Jeep actually stays running now. took the intake manifold off and tried to get it to stop leaking anti-freeze but once i put it all back together it still leaked, so i'll just bypass it. now i need to figure out why my blinkers don't work and why the front marker lights and dash lights come on when i hit the brakes. Oh and then there is install the lift mount the tires install the windshield wiper everything, install new heater core, fix the seat belts ect ect.

those do great in the snow... just keep the sidewall away from rocks :)

The friends that Have run them, destroyed them fairly quickly in the rocks. Walker may not do too bad, but I have seen that place destroy bfg sidewalks fairly quickly.

But this is just my .02. Like you said, u got then free right??

Yeah I really need tires bad and I love to go wheeling on the weekends
On a side note does any body in the north end have a tire machine I dont have 150 $ to have schwabs mount 4 and dismount 8 tires they are proud of there machines

The best thing I can tell you is to do what I did. I paid them to bust the beads $24 then took them home and dismounted them and mounted them myself. The only reason I paid them to bust the beads down for me is because no matter what I did I couldn't get the beads to bust loose. But after that it just takes a large pry bar and a little elbow grease and you got yourself some mounted tires. Them tire shops are way high on the mounting and dismounted prices though.

CJ

Yeah I really need tires bad and I love to go wheeling on the weekends
On a side note does any body in the north end have a tire machine I dont have 150 $ to have schwabs mount 4 and dismount 8 tires they are proud of there machines

Go to Walmart... they will dismount,mount and balance for 40 plus tax.

Per tire ? Its the same kinda money plus I have to drive 30+ miles to some where I dont shop .

I did think about running up a board to break the bead but now that I have been told these tires have weak side walls Im thinking not I have only done this once be4 on 37/14.50 /15 all 4 of those and it went ok

Ehh, put it up on a lift and discovered I have a bent spring, now it looks like I have an elephant riding passenger (n)

Back