• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Whatever dude, it's looked that way for months:bs::sunshine:

Glad to see it sitting on all 4 again:repair:

so saturday a few friends came over and we pulled the rear axle again to replace the center pin on the springs with new one that had my 2.5 deg angle shim. then we changed out the shackle for some 2 inch longer ones and that help lvl out the jeep. still a bit nose up though. while the axle was out i adjusted the locker cable and sealed the cover to the housing.

today keaton came over to pick up my stock parts and drop off his nice durango bumper.
file0143.jpg

so now i have a bumper wit a recovery point i can 86 the factory style hitch and bumper so i can install my jcr gas skid. but first i had to paint it(the wrong collar :twak:). its just gona get dinged and scratched any way i can always repaint it lol

Glad to see its goin to good use. :patriot:

thanks man thats going on next. got the skid atached. for the most part.

Installed my tank skid. Pretty much fit besides I had to weld a stud on for my exhaust hanger and hog out one mounting hole. Pisses me off because I cant use my receiver which has my disconnect mud flap brackets welded on so I guess its time to either cut off the old or fab up another set.....lame On the plus side I convinced the wife I need a new bumper because I cant use my old receiver :clap:

JCRTankSkidMounted.jpg

Very nice man. Did you remove the factory plastic skid? Got any picts of your mudflap disco?

Tacked-in control arm drop bracket braces, replaced uca bushings, installed adjustable lcas.

Installed 4.5"-lift front coils, adjustable track bar, drop pitman arm, reinstalled draglink, tie-rods and steering stabilizer.

chin and larsen need picts in their posts... :)

i got the skid and bumper all figured out and installed
file0145k.jpg

and before work i ran and got some braided steel break lines for 6 inches of lift
file0146x.jpg

chin and larsen need picts in their posts... :)

i got the skid and bumper all figured out and installed
file0145k.jpg

and before work i ran and got some braided steel break lines for 6 inches of lift
file0146x.jpg

U planning on painting the bumper??

Ya probably. No haven't cut them off yet. I got a better pict today when we opend the garage door ill post later lol

Joey, The JCR is not compatable with the OEM hitch?

Yeah, on the 96 and older XJ's they dont fit. From what I hear factory receivers fit. The problem isnt too wide but the skid sticks too far back so you cant mount the receiver. :callme:Hello, yeah I need to order a rear bumper for my XJ with a 2" receiver built into it, oh ok.

Contacted Rusty's Off Road regarding jam nuts for their adjustable lower control arms; $26.00 + $27.03 shipping. After a near-death experience laughing, I bought a 1.25"x5 acme thread nut 1.75" long for $10.97, and cut it laterally into 2 pieces. Shuhzahm! Saved $42.06 and got a pair of nuts (snicker).

Yeah, on the 96 and older XJ's they dont fit. From what I hear factory receivers fit. The problem isnt too wide but the skid sticks too far back so you cant mount the receiver. :callme:Hello, yeah I need to order a rear bumper for my XJ with a 2" receiver built into it, oh ok

Thats what i did my factory receiver was rusty and I thought it hung down to low. So i orderd and Orfab rear bumper cut a section of the center out and welded and braced a 2" receiver called it a day. :)

Back