• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Oooo thr pictures are soo purdy

Finished the 4-1/2" lift front suspension overhaul.
Guess it needs longer brake hoses now ...
CIMG00204.jpg
CIMG00243.jpg

nice. were abouts in wa you say you live again?

So not to much more done at this time but figured while everything was took apart and waiting for some things while also looking for other things, thought I would get the engine compartment cleaned and painted. I know it will only last for a short time but doing all this work might as well enjoy everything looking clean and new even if it will only last a week or two.

Here is what it looked like before.
today001-3.jpg

Now this is after my cheap little rattle can job.
today003-3.jpg

today004-2.jpg

Finished the 4-1/2" lift front suspension overhaul.
Guess it needs longer brake hoses now ...
CIMG00204.jpg
CIMG00243.jpg

Ben,

Take notice of where his axle is sitting:cheers:

Looks good Larsen. How hard were the DB's to install?

The drop brackets were a piece of cake. Easy one-day project. I was blown away by how nicely they fit. The boys at RC have some good engineers and tooling. The only mod I made was stitching the braces to the chassis; two self-tapping screws looked marginal to me.

It sat parked while I worked on the tow rig. At least I got close to an extra 100hp and 300ft lb torque out of the Dodge for free!!

Must be a 98.5 or older. Lol

Oh and i also put my front hitch in the front of the xj I can get some pix up sometime soon and i'm also thinking about putting in some stablizers in to make it stronger.

More like this weekend....i pulled my front and rear springs, lca's, and track bar and replaced with stock parts. Put my sway bar and links back on, sold my 32's and painted my new wheels black that in have now on the 225's. Now all i need is stock shocks since my fronts bottom out on speed bumps, and a stock tie rod so i can sell my IRO hd one. Anybody?

Before:
2010-12-22143139.jpg

After:
100_0079.jpg

100_0080.jpg

Big difference huh?

got wiring fixed to front speakers in my new to me xj. cant believe how piss poor some of the connections were from the factory. Tried to fix power door locks but no success. installed lower quarter guards on trail rig and painted them. Said goodbye to my 93 as its being sold tomorrow.

You should drill two new holes and straighten the steel line out a bit I got around 1.1/2 out of mine doing this helps alot

Went for the C1500 fronts and Dakota rear brake hoses. Also found a 241c transfer case with mechanical speedometer drive! (1989 model year only) Film at 11.

Last edited:
Picked up a set of 77 F150 axles and they are dirty pigs now its time to tear them down and start saving for gears, lockes and brakets. It will be nice to have better brakes locking hubs and a little stronger axles. And the best parts 5:19 gear ratios and more stablity.

Back