• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Yea. lol My brother cut them in half then rotated and pulled each half out. Didnt feel ANYTHING at all!

tried my had at some gusset welds
file0093.jpg

file0092x.jpg

both of the welds on the fin thingy on top were double pass. side with holes were set on the low setting with a over pass on high and the other side was both sides on high sietting. dont rember what i had it set at for the lower weld the bracket to the 3/8 thick plate lol . i is tired and room is kinda spinnin at the point of post lol its been along day

First picture, bottom weld between the old mount and the thick plate is the best. Its not the prettiest weld I have seen but it will definitely hold that mount on! I honestly only did single pass on my mount and you saw in the wreck it help up enought to take out the crossmember. lol Be carefull not to heat up the axle tube too much.

well i did it. dont know why definatly needed more practice lol but its on there and it aint perty.
file0096r.jpg

Well its not gonna move Ben. Which is what is important.... Now get on with the install man! lol

Well its not gonna move Ben. Which is what is important.... Now get on with the install man! lol
Its gettin a coat of paint tonight. And hope before to long a coat of mud so no one will tell lol

Got a new CB, (well not new but new to me). Got rid of the P.O.S. wal-mart Cobra. The new one is a Royce 40ch. with rf gain and tone control, and volume mic. I also picked up a new 3ft. firestick, spring mount, 2in. antenna quick disconnect and P.A. speaker. Got everything connected but my drill died before i could finish. I really like this set up a lot better than the other one and the PA speaker is super load. !!!!!

Yesterday, I received my CO2 bracket, so I installed it and redid the cargo area a little bit. I added a piece of 16 gauge to the pocket on the passenger side. I will probably store my Co2 hose in there along with a couple air chucks.

Also for those that are looking to find a spot to put your hi-lift. I took pics of where I mounted mine. Torx took my idea and went a little further with the fab work.
a2084125.jpg

e640b5cb.jpg

a51b0976.jpg

62aa4493.jpg

718d3349.jpg

Its gettin a coat of paint tonight. And hope before to long a coat of mud so no one will tell lol

Make sure you take a flap disk to that, just to clean it up a bit before you paint:repair:

Well today got it pretty much striped down as far as can be and got the motor down to a block now it is time to start the repairs. Photos are up in my "I will return soon" thread.

well i got good and bad news
the good: i got the front axle installed mostly. links and track bar are in
the bad: the links and track bar are to long. so the axle sits about 2 inches foward and a bit to the pass side.
the usable: i can now measure for break lines and shocks lol
imag0265n.jpg

How much lift are you at ben? The arms should push the axle forward 1 to 1-1/2 inches to give you better approach angles as well as correct the coil angle so they dont bow. If you notice the coils natural slope towards the front. With the heims bottomed out on the track bar your axle should sit barely to the drivers side so you can adjust to center. Did you weld the UCA mount right next to the coil perches? PICTURES?

All this is definitely fixable, I slightly remember making changes to the next few orders I got since yours was actually the prototype to the new crossmember deisign. Its been so long though...

well i got good and bad news
the good: i got the front axle installed mostly. links and track bar are in
the bad: the links and track bar are to long. so the axle sits about 2 inches foward and a bit to the pass side.
the usable: i can now measure for break lines and shocks lol
imag0265n.jpg

I think it looks wores now that all the stuff is out of the back of it. Did he rear end you guys or hit you from the side?

CJ

Oh sorry ben. I couldn't see the picture at work i guess.

I think it looks wores now that all the stuff is out of the back of it. Did he rear end you guys or hit you from the side?

CJ

He rear ended us, but the bumper was braced a foot in to the frame rails. That's why the middle is still in good shape, he was a little over to the left side.

Well for me didn't get to much done today but the late night last night I think might have had a play in that. I did get in the engine copartment area and rerout a lot of wires and vac hoses to get them out of the way. I couldn't believe the way some of this comes from the fact but got a good amount of it tucked out of the way. Made for a lot more room in there and also got my hose ran through the cab and to where I want it to go for my air tank for my OBA. Not much for pics just this one of the hose but it's getting there. Got the picker and motor stand today so the motor will be coming out this week in prep for the next one.
Picture-1.jpg

CJ

Back