• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Shackle relocation brackets seem to be the new cliche, but for me they have been on the to do list from the get go. I've had a nearly vertical angle since putting on my lift, which gave me a stiff ride, very limited rear flex, and chewed up bushings.

So I decided to try and fix the problem, and give making my own version of relocation brackets a try. Yes, I could have bought the HDE ones, but I'm cheap and these cost me a total of $9 in bolts (and multiple flesh wounds).

Mocked up.
IMG_0095.jpg

Stuck together.
IMG_0100.jpg

First time welding on the uniframe. Now I know why people complain about it. :gonnablow
IMG_0104.jpg

I went from a 83 degree angle, to a 40. :cool:
IMG_0106.jpg

In addition to the brackets, I replaced my center pins. Drivers side was broke, so I'm giving the grade 8 bolts a try. While I had my packs apart, I exchanged the add-a-leaf on the passenger side for a bigger one to try and fix my gangsta lean. Went from 1.25" of sag to .75" so it helped a little.

I also, moved my lower shock mounts up a tad. I noticed I could afford to sacrifice some available up travel in the shocks, so now that's one less thing to get hung up on. Plus it should help take advantage of the available droop.

I'm so done working on my junk, but now the front end is wants some attention. :rolleyes:

Lookin good

Worse, its a hobart.

Does that include welding them on for 9 dollars I will take a set for sure especially if I do not have to weld them on. :)

I'll take a set as well

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent with Tapatalk from Android
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cherokee's eat Taco's

did a cut and fold of the rear.
imag0193w.jpg

I had recently finished installin my lift, pieced together not one brand. Its around 5 inch rear and 4 in the front on small 235 75r15s goodyear duratracs. Superlift coils, skyjacker shocks, stock springs with add a leaf and re arched and 2 inch teraflex shackles. Tuff country trac bar bracket till spring when im buyin new trac bar. Still gotta rebuild D shafts so only 2wd right now also order t case drop tomoro too

bigblue.jpg

Frontlift.jpg

flexblue.jpg

shock2blue.jpg

drivewayblue.jpg

I had recently finished installin my lift, pieced together not one brand. Its around 5 inch rear and 4 in the front on small 235 75r15s goodyear duratracs. Superlift coils, skyjacker shocks, stock springs with add a leaf and re arched and 2 inch teraflex shackles. Tuff country trac bar bracket till spring when im buyin new trac bar. Still gotta rebuild D shafts so only 2wd right now also order t case drop tomoro too

bigblue.jpg

Frontlift.jpg

flexblue.jpg

shock2blue.jpg

drivewayblue.jpg

That looks pretty clean. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Decided to go flairless while the little one was sleeping

c1cd97b0.jpg

dd9d4d4f.jpg

I have reinstalled the fronts for everyday driving, since they stick out from the fenders a good 3-4 inches.

Looks nice tim. When ya goin to do the spacers for the rear ?

First time welding on the uniframe. Now I know why people complain about it. :gonnablow

Try welding to the sheet metal for rocker replacements. :gag:

Back