• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

dont cut more, just get a diff main leaf.
one that is longer and/or the center pin is moved back 1 or 2 inch from stock.
that will save your drive line and fender problem. like 52in ford main...

find stock then find one with the pin moved back more. then pick how long you want your leaf
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=895

maybe 73-93 dodge pick up (same as stock pin moved back 1 inch, and leaf is 3/8th of an inch longer. eye to eye.)

Last edited:
To answer your question about your pinion angle no you need to have it at zero with that drive shaft and no slip yolk eliminator. If you have a sye then with a cardan style drive shaft you would want to point it up. I just went threw the same thing. Hope that helps your shims should be fat side towards the front :)

Ben,

You will need to cut and fold your rear, once you have the rig on its own weight again, the axle should center up in your wheelwell. Pinion angle looks fine

thaks for the link redjeep ill have to find something. think i could just redrill a hole?
ya that is the jeep with its weight on teh rear axle. its sitting on the jack but thats what its gona be sittn on the ground

Bought a set of 5125's for the front of the jeep today and also fixed my shackle angle yesterday. Gotta love relocation brackets, I have 1 inch lift shackles and netted about 1/4 inch (didnt want to go higher, just wanted a better ride) also installed the bilsteins on the rear, thanks again Ben!

Im debating on going flareless... Not sure though

I started a new project today. :shocked:

Hopefully it'll be mobile again by next week.

p.s. RE's bushing quality sucks!

what do you have up your sleeve dustin?

what do you have up your sleeve dustin?
Nothing too exciting. It started off as just doing some maintenance and checking a few things. Then I started thinking, and next thing you know my junk no longer has a rear axle under it.

Soon as I got it back on it's wheels I'll post some pics. Funny thing is I have a box of TRE's and bushings sitting next to me waiting to be installed on the front. Yet, I decided to tackle a completely unplanned project instead.

Nothing too exciting. It started off as just doing some maintenance and checking a few things. Then I started thinking, and next thing you know my junk no longer has a rear axle under it.

Soon as I got it back on it's wheels I'll post some pics. Funny thing is I have a box of TRE's and bushings sitting next to me waiting to be installed on the front. Yet, I decided to tackle a completely unplanned project instead.
that's kinda what happened to my XJ..

FWIW.. :gag:

Am I sensing disk brakes in someones future :confused:

Snapped a Sway bar end link, Taco'd an aluminum rim, and messed my alignment all up, while snow wheeling up at Tinkham. Shouldnt play if you cannot afford to get it fixed! Jeeps gonna be sitting a while.

Started to OD
Photo0131.jpg
Photo0127.jpg

well my friend from olympia came up with his old s10 leafs. i now have a m10r bastard pack :)
imag0182d.jpg

imag0183a.jpg

imag0181g.jpg

but even having the s10 mains were a bit long and even in backwards were a bit long. had to do a cut and fold to get them to fit.
20101224200855.jpg

now i want to cut the lower rear quarter pannel off even with the bottom of the rear light. and maybe cut a bit more out of the rear fenderwell so i can get some up flex and not destroy the tire.

Last edited:
also want to get some fender protection for the front and rear and weld on some tube flairs like this
TMD-8496-R_385.jpg

TMD-8496-F_386.jpg

dont want to drill a new hole in the main, run to much risk of the leaf cracking and breaking at the un used hole. and i was thinking of doing a semi comp cut. not that ratical but extend the fenderwell back a bit to clear it.

Back