• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Pulled the neutral safety switch
Cleaned it real Good and stuck it back on.
didnt know these came with a neutral safety switch mines always started with out touching the clutch.
something we can mend temporarily until the 44 goes in?

yesterday:
IMG_20130817_194041_zps8b3d6be0.jpg

thanks again Brandon
yeah I can pry weld washers to in there to get it by. but its kinda like putting a band aid on it. in the last month she has chewed up to tie rod ends a drag link and wheel bearing. the dana 30 is just getting wore out from 40 miles a day driving and playing on the weekend. 35x12.5 and 15x10 steal wheels takes a toll. after pricing every thing i should only need around $150 or so to finish the swap. so basically come the 26s im going to pull my pennies lol. lucky for my dads house and shop are there in monmouth so i could park it there maybe he would let me drive his xj. do you know anyone who wouldnt cost a arm and leg to dismount and mount tires?

also that looks good have you tested it out to see if it helps the flex?

well balancing 35s really doesnt do much but if I could use the tire machine to switch my 35s off my 5x4.5 to my 5x5.5 wheels when I start the axle swap would be awesome. I have a set of 15x10 5x5.5 for the jeep got for free with the axles they will make the tires stick way out but till I find better offset ones they will do. not like the popo in town will bother me right lol

Yea, I'm worse then a woman. I was going to use expanded steel for the deck. But then though, I could use it to haul other things then just the jeeps. I did some steel to wood deck calculations and the wood should still keep the total weight under 1000lbs.

I have the dove tail done as of tonight. I'm not really a fan of wood working at all. Luckily I only miss cut two boards and only wasted 4 feet of lumber so far. I have one last cut to make. I have to rip one 12' 2x6 in to a 2x5 maybe a 2x4.5 not quite sure yet.

So this is out finally
aqezy5y2.jpg

apa4apu3.jpg

y6y9uhyg.jpg

It's easy to see why my hard lines in my transmission needed to be fix or replaced lol got a temp fix right now with some transmission tubing and two clamps on each end of the tubing to make sure it's truly secured lol

Well sense my weekends are mondays and tuesdays. I got the ford 9" tore down found out its a 31 spline then got the brakes off the hp44 inspected inside and hubs everything looks perfect got the wheels i have in the jeep for transport but have a line on dodge alliminum 15x8s.

Mother nature decided my XJ's interior needed a bath, thunder storm from hell and doorless do not mix well. Even the rear view mirror had water on it.

Mounted my old style mtr on a stock jeep wheel so I have a spare again.

I unloaded all my trail crap from yesterdays trip to evans and wiped down the interior. Took a better pic of the axle remains before I toss them. Im kind of suprised that I managed to break all 4 ears AND the new supposedly super strength ujoint. Im going to keep the outer stub shaft as a 2wd mod JIC...

and heres where I broke and fixed it. :smsoap:

got word that the welder is back at my dads. took some pictures of my wheels that are for sale should be meeting up to sell them tomorrow then get the metal for gusets and the rest of the swap.

any advice on the swap?

Last edited:
Back