• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Looks great, Ben! That's awesome to see.

I wouldn't think twice about opening the holes to a larger size. I built it for my Jeep, so tolerances are tight. Now you just need a mechanical pulling device to mount to it. ;)

If you need help, I am an expert on reaming out holes. Come to the fish-n-greet and I'll have a step bit in the drill press ready to go!!!:cheers:

ok so this morning the heep died on the way to work. Discovered this...
6b3cb585-afb3-4902.jpg

Thats the mounting tab for the distributor, Dustin hooked me up with the one from jeepforceone. so i could replace it. When i pulled mine out I discovered what the problem was. the distributor shaft seized while i was driving which caused the tab to break and the dist. to jump out of the engine. so i installed the replacement exactly how the haynes book told me to. got the plug wires all put on in the right firing order. cranked the engine ....FAIL!!!! checked the wires and all connections again and verified i had spark. tried to fire again .....FAIL!!!! WTF..... so borrowing an old school trick, I removed the #1 spark plug and used a long straw to feel when the piston was all the way to the top of the cylinder. then removed the dist. cap to make sure the rotor was in the right position....FAIL!!!! it would seem that the whole position inside the motor is twisted. the dist. order is now shifted to the right by one post. so moved every plug wire to the right one. fired it up again and SUCCESS!!!! fired right up and idle better than it had in a year. and it may not be exactly right but it works just fine. Drove it around for a while not a problem. all in all took me about an hour to troubleshoot and get it running again.

Prowled around my dealers wrecks looking for the oil pressure sending unit pigtail that I need. Do you know many times they changed the style of this pigtail over the years? Too many to count. Couldn't find one that fits. Back to square one....

I did this yesterday: installed an APN Exhaust Header on my 1991 Laredo 4.0L block as well as tied the Headpipe to the Transmission Bell Housing with Pipe Braces to prevent cracking.:thumbup: Today I'll be looking for a Neon Lighted Switch for my Mr. Coffee Coffee Maker for my Instant Cafe Mocha hot water making...lol.:sure:

I cut my front fenders to make them even with the top of my bumper anyone have any tips for cutting the inner fender? Sorry no pics my camera batteries are dead

Pulled the rear driveshaft. Going to take it on the freeway in the morning cause I'm chasing a vibration. What a pain in the ass. Good thing is I'm getting good at pulling the driveshaft.

got my lowers adjusted... needed to be shimmed about 1/2" to get my wheel base back in check

picked up some metal for the UCA brackets/adjusters and for the track bar axle side mount

Re-worked a vacuum leak, and fixed a rain leak on the driver's door. Planning out my fix for the oil pressure sending gauge.

Slow, steady progress.

Pulled the passenger-side front power window regulator. Ist kapüt. Motor works but it long ago spit out the coiled rod. PO had wedged the window in the up position so it didn't fall into the door cavity sicne the operating slider jumped track also. NAPA has one on order for me now.

Also added two Pioneer TS-G1343R 5.25" speakers to my rear sound bar, since there was none before.

Finally drained and flushed the initial water fill of the cooling system, and replaced it with 50/50 green stuff. Temp needle settles exactly at 210 when running.

Here's my hybrid:

IMG_0925.jpg

I think I got all the broken windshield cleaned out of everywhere and cleaned up the frame area of rust .So now it`s ready for new windshield..

Back