• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Mounted my chainsaw in the back

chainsawmount2.jpg

I used Quick Fist Super Clamps. Pretty happy with them, already thinking of what else I could use them for.

chainsawmount.jpg

Nicely done.
Did you find them locally?

Built a frame for the rear of the pile -

dsc_0386.jpg

$8 in lumber, and $5 in screws - but I have some extra screws.

I bet its as strong as what was there, and a helluva lot cheaper to replace when I need to.

dsc_0389.jpg

Sick are you going to run some type of wood treatment on that? Are you worried about termites? Are you running PVC pipe upper links? have you thought about leach line? the speed holes should make you lighter.

What kind of wire are you running in that hobart?... I've been wanting to find a gasless mix that works on Cedar AND oak...

Looks good Aaron!

dsc_0449.jpg

seens how the only thing left thats a xj on your rig now is the steering colom and fire wall. why not just build a square tube buggy?

did some probing pulled the computer no corosion at the terminals. but it seems the b7 pin is the bat + and has no power. it gets bout 1 volt max while cranking for some reason but bounces around.

figured out what it was. it was the b-latch relay. engine fired so now i got to put every thing back to getter .

a few days ago I picked up a used SYE designed to be used with a front drive shaft... and ready to install (also came with another tcase, minus the front gears... only $60)

changed the rear main seal, oil pan gasket, oil pump gasket, oil filter adapter gaskets... about $60

oil and filter change with Rotella 15w40 around $25

tomorrow it will be getting the under carriage cleaned in preparation for some new control arm brackets being welded in... JK rubicon arms here I come!

GetAttachment.aspx
relocated battery and added a second one. anybody know of a system to add a second battery with out having to have a switch to go between both batterys? i want both to be used at the same time and charge at the same time. ive done the switch before and one always gets used and the other doesnt at all and when you need it itll be dead...?

Back