• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

I sure do, what's not to like about having the roomiest can available w/o having to go down to a 5' micro bed. Combine that with the largest diesel offered in a domestic pickup and its winner winner chicken dinner. :D

Generally speaking I'm not a Ford guy but I love the 7.3L PSD's and the SuperDuty line. If I'd gone gasser when I bought my truck I'd have opted for a Ram 1500 Hemi w/ the Ram box bed sides. I was actually shopping for those when my buddy mentioned he was selling this truck, with only 105,000 miles on it at the time I jumped on it. 1.5 years and 23,000 miles later I'm still really happy with my truck.

I sure do, what's not to like about having the roomiest can available w/o having to go down to a 5' micro bed. Combine that with the largest diesel offered in a domestic pickup and its winner winner chicken dinner. :D

Generally speaking I'm not a Ford guy but I love the 7.3L PSD's and the SuperDuty line. If I'd gone gasser when I bought my truck I'd have opted for a Ram 1500 Hemi w/ the Ram box bed sides. I was actually shopping for those when my buddy mentioned he was selling this truck, with only 105,000 miles on it at the time I jumped on it. 1.5 years and 23,000 miles later I'm still really happy with my truck.

Yeah the back seats in most Dodges suck.

Starting to go through the stack of parts for the axles. I'm replacing everything on these axles so new bearings and seals and new brakes on the rear. Got the driver's side done last night.

I decided to stick with rear drums on the Grand Wagoneer axles because it's a mild build and they will handle 31s just fine. The parking brake cables for an XJ bolt up perfectly as well.

The only downside is that I had to put drum brakes together.

ec5ed30a70be89387ef208cfd283fd18.jpg

Well, just as I am making progress on getting the new engine tuned right, there are drips of red oily fluid dripping off of the bell housing. Guessing the AX-15 is leaking at it's front seal onto my new clutch that up till has worked better than any I've had before(total of 6 maybe?).

internal slave? Those are a PITA...

My AX-15 is becoming a real bear to shift, primarily from neutral to first from a stop. If I sneak into first before coming to a complete stop I'm OK. Reverse is usually a stinker, too.

Have always run sulphur free lube, but tranny was used before a swap. It's better when cold, but gets pretty stubborn when hot.

Is 10-30 synthetic still a good option? I have some Lucas gear lube, and one quart of the over priced Mopar stuff from my original swap.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My AX-15 is becoming a real bear to shift, primarily from neutral to first from a stop. If I sneak into first before coming to a complete stop I'm OK. Reverse is usually a stinker, too.

Have always run sulphur free lube, but tranny was used before a swap. It's better when cold, but gets pretty stubborn when hot.

Is 10-30 synthetic still a good option? I have some Lucas gear lube, and one quart of the over priced Mopar stuff from my original swap.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I know I am going to get some flack for saying this but the best manual lube I have ever used is GM Synchromesh...... Every rough shifting tranny I have put it in has shifted like butter afterwards(without mechanical damage that is)...... Hate to say it but GM has the best manual lube!

No, and it's an external slave. Grin, the only stock left on the 90 are the front seats.

Cause they're so damn comfy? :D

Pretty much. Up till the last couple of years, I had less back pain with those seats than most car seats. I do like the seats in Zac's BMW, and I've lusted after Recaro seats for, shit, 40 some years. :)

I think they have 3 cup holders too, bad ass. Good call, Mike.

Back