• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Lies. It's an absolute blast on the county roads up here.

You truck probably likes county roads better than my truck it's so stiff it gets wheel hop if I spin tires on anything but smooth ground ,which only bothers me as I envision a driveshaft rolling across the road . I don't speed much anymore the last 10 years due profession ,but sometimes I just can't help myself .

I'm not saying I never speed, I'm just saying there really isn't a need for triple digits in a 3/4-1ton diesel truck. I learned to keep the speedo near the speed limit the hard way. 4 suspensions, 3 trips to jail, and some very high insurance rates. Now that I've moved past all that, plus have a Class-A, I have no desire to be in the same boat again.

That being said, its hard NOT to do triple digits on the motorcycle. :eyes:

Worked on a backache and hernia....Dana60 Style.
Started taking mine apart....and I'm gonna need a lot of penetrating oil.
Got one of the DRW hubs off, I'll tackle the other tomorrow.
261luzq.jpg

Well I welded on some tabs for my Two 22 led light bars just about an hour before dark ,and since I was trying to get the tabs cut and both lights hung in that 1hr of daylight I was too f-ing lazy to go back into the garage to grab my welding blanket so i placed Two pieces of plywood on the windshield ,and when I was done with the bracket welding removed the wood only too find slag from the fluxcore I was using had still got on the windshield ,so after wiring up these lights I will be grabbing some polish compound and an assortment of brushes and a polish wheel to make my mistake more tolerable ...I should know by now when I get lazy I just cause more work for myself ...Anywho my neighbor across the street is douchebag ,so when I wire these tomorrow I will wait to test them until Sundown ,which my XJ is on the trailer facing his livingroom ...not going to be a complete douche myself ,but being only 50-75 ft from his windows I figure 2-3 minutes of "adusting my lights for aim should be just enough get right for him calling the cops on me for parking my pickup along side the road last summer when the valve body went out and i parked it there for only a couple hours before making room to pull it into the garage.

Anywho my neighbor across the street is douchebag ,so when I wire these tomorrow I will wait to test them until Sundown ,which my XJ is on the trailer facing his livingroom ...not going to be a complete douche myself ,but being only 50-75 ft from his windows I figure 2-3 minutes of "adusting my lights for aim should be just enough get right for him calling the cops on me for parking my pickup along side the road last summer when the valve body went out and i parked it there for only a couple hours before making room to pull it into the garage.
NOW I see why you are having problems with the neighbor. You should have started with the acetylene balloons soon as he moved in. That would have given him the 30 days to get out of his contract. ;)

My "Rigs" were formally introduced this morning. I was hoping the colors would match a bit better, but oh well.

60s...most of body gone...hmmm this does not take a stretch of the immagination at this junction to guess chero buggy on 40-42s ...I'll guess...Alex I'm going to say---What is a cherobuggy on 40-42s please .

My Heep got a banks header, banks down pipe, magnaflow catalytic converter, BDS tuned Fox 2.0's all the way around, new rear upper shock mounts, RE front LCAs, new motor mounts, "new" wheels, "new" BFG KM2s(32x11.50), new rear driveshaft and U-joints, added some shackles to my sagging leafs in the rear to level out my ride, IRO tie rod, all new TREs, OME steering stabilizer, O2 sensors, and a Smittybilt XRC 9500... No pictures with the winch yet.

10930916_1529271877325240_4611119738534810797_n.jpg

Love those vents....... :thumbup:

Had to put the truck to work today, my water heater went out while I was gone.

As a reward I installed some new 2006 HD Edition headlights and a black Excursion grill. The next step will be to paint the bumper black as I hate chrome.

So I finally ordered an Anti-Rock sway bar for the front of the Jeep. The factory smart bar still functioned so it's on Craigslist to hopefully recoup me some funds.

By ditching the factory sway bar I am able to switch over to the TNT Guardian bumper that shoves (and shoves is correct, it's a tight fit) the winch under the grill. This gives me about the best approach angle possible w/o doing a lot of extra work. As such I pulled and quickly sold the JCR front bumper. I got enough out of it to almost completely cover the new bumper.

Old junk removed:

The cutting begins:

Even more surgery required:

New bumper set in place:

All bolted in place. I still need to run the wires for the winch and secure the solenoid box. The trick little bracket TNT provides won't really work with the Smitty box. I also need to tie up the factory fog light and sway bar harnesses. I'll be getting some LEDs to wire into the stock fog light harnesses later.

Back