• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What a weekend

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
This weekend has been fricken crazy and busy, I now have my new front axle swapped into my jeep thanks to Opie and Pat at Those Guys. A big thanks for both of their help and work they did to make sure the axle was right before I took off late saturday evening, you guys both rock. If anyone on here needs custom parts fabbed up or custom cage/ axle work I highly recommend Pat @ Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Driving up through Everett today all of a sudden I lose power steering, get a little death wobble and at the same time I lose my alternator and engine temps start to go up a bit. I pull over and pop the hood just as the coolant overflow bottle starts to boil over. I notice that my serpentine belt is off the pulleys and just kinda hanging there so I look around to see why. Turns out my mechanical fan threw out its bushing and then went crooked, causing the belt to come off and all the accessories to stop working. After letting the engine cool for a bit and making a few calls Lyle (Bruno headed out to come meet me and get me moving somewhere. We decided to bring it to my buddies shop that was just a mile up the road at the next exit in Everett until I could get the spare parts I needed. After a few calls to the guys at Auburn Car Repair and Offroad I tracked down the spare parts and got the info I needed to fixing it. Thanks to John and Eli for talking me through that! Since the parts wont be here for a few days we left the jeep at my buddies and Lyle and I headed back up to Bellingham and to Master-Pull. I grabbed our shop MJ and had a quick refresher course on how to drive stick. The clutch is still intact and hopefully it will handle my driving for a few days.:clap:

-Alex

...with Master-Pull Red knuckles. ;)

-----Matt-----
billy-mays-thumbs.jpg

You realize you were close to me (Everett) and I have a backyard full of parts (including 2 serp. belts and a mech. fan) and the day off yesterday, right?

Should have called me. hahah

~Scott

You realize you were close to me (Everett) and I have a backyard full of parts (including 2 serp. belts and a mech. fan) and the day off yesterday, right?

Should have called me. hahah

~Scott

Wasn't sure if you would have had the part or if it would have even fit my year, it was the whole bracket the mech fan is held in place by. Either way John at Auburn is hooking me up with the parts I need.

-Alex

Back