• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well shoot, guess who's back

Do it Dutch!

13300411053_a317871e4a_z.jpg

13300282925_d612bf6feb_z.jpg

thats a 37, the back seat still worked and it barely sat above the top of the back seat and barely poked out of the hatch
That is what was different about your last XJ build.

I'd even say, if you are on tires smaller than 37s, you could probably just have your husband bring you a spare if needed.
Gawd you're becoming a dick as you get older.......... :laugh:
Maybe he is trying to be "politically correct." Not that there is anything wrong with that...

While I have managed to make it from Woodland Park back home to Thornton at the time with 4 plugs in my sidewall and stopping to air the tire back up twice along the way, I like having a spare with me.

I like the idea of laying it down in the back because it keeps the weight down and doesn't limit visibility like your typical rear mounted tire carrier does. However, I also like having cargo room. My original idea for laying it down in the back was to put a small air tank right behind the seat, and then the spare right behind that. It would stick out a little more than Proracedriver's, but probably not too much more. Then put a rack across the top just above the spare to still be able to sit a cooler, camp boxes, etc on top of. On either side of the spare I figured there should be just enough room to fit some fluid holders and my tool bags. Under the back seat is where I typically like to store spare shafts and u-joints.

If I went rear carrier I would design it to be easily removed, that way if I'm out in Moab or somewhere and don't want to risk dragging it all over the place I can take it off and leave it at base camp. I'm still undecided how I want to go about it, and luckily for now the 31" spare fits just fine inside. I won't have to make a final decision until this winter at the earliest.

Last edited:
its like a promise shackle...

Bumper progress. I'll have all the pieces soon and be able to weld it up next week.
F120408B-EB4C-4232-A0CB-3C0B5F7688BA_zpsv2gyuxvc.jpg

Those look sweet. Are these shackle D rings? If so they look really thin on the leading edge near the hole.

Well...... how else was he supposed to fit the engraved name??? Form over function man, get with it!

Hey, if you leave a shackle screwed into the hole...... does that make it a Prince Albert?

:D

We've literally suspended a jeep between a tree and the vehicle being winched with one of these shackle mounts. I'm not worried about it failing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a weekend Of wheeling coming up and decide to take it apart.

Nothing like a last minute decision to go on a wheeling trip to properly motivate you to get shite done.

Well, it was a long day and the garage is a disaster right now.
58EA3C20-5714-4A77-B186-B917DE1318F3_zpsslkmwnt7.jpg

Thanks to a lot of help from a great group of friends the jeep is back on its own weight/suspension again.
D6A2DCAD-6C74-4D6E-BCD4-819910DEA8A9_zpsppqb8bgb.jpg

A456DEB4-5D1D-4BF2-A60E-00B8A85F5B60_zps84ic663x.jpg

The 4-link long arm kit is in, rear springs/shocks in, rear extended brake installed, SYE kit installed, rear driveshaft installed, transmission filter replaced, rear main seal replaced, front springs in, and caster adjusted.

I still need to drain and refill the rear axle, fill the engine/transmission/t-case, install the Solid front diff cover, install the front shocks, adjust the track bar & toe, install the extended front brake lines, and then bleed the brakes. So Monday is going to be busy, but tomorrow I'm taking the g/f and kid to a Rockies game.

Back