• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well here she is!

Yeah after yesterday I saw quite a few with painted headlights. There was one with the entire thing painted... And the rest were not. It'll keep chrome. May do a white ring instead

Quite a bit of new stuff goin on the car! Ordered new brake pads since mine are worn... Got a turbo blanket.Some wheels and painted my headlights. Also got some "dynamat" to get most of the trunk done. That's not here yet though.
IMAG0247_zps48979f23.jpg

IMAG0254_zps48906770.jpg

IMAG0252_zps8bed827e.jpg

IMAG0253_zps8e821e80.jpg

The lights turned out killer! I dig 'em.

You change wheels on that thing like socks....... :laugh:

Where'd the gold ones come from????

You painted those OEM wheels black...... and now you've got black BBS wheels too???

Can't really say why I have always liked the stock BBS wheels as much as I do but...I do. If things pan out for me with a potential new job (just waiting to hear from HR on Monday about where I fall on the salary schedule), I think I'm finally going to get a set in gold for my hoopty OBS. I'd have to run adapters though as I'm 5x100 and those should be 5x114 and 17" (correct?). I need to find out if that's going to be an issue first. I'm lowered on STI stock suspension. Not sure if the adapters will bring the wheels out and, if so, will it be far enough to worry about rubbing?

If you find some 04 bbs wheel they are the only year that was 5x100. they are hella hard to find though.

I decided I'll be goin all white on em though.

River if ya want I will throw one on this afternoon to show you the backspace on em. If I remember right they don't stick out too far.

I like gold wheels on black and white Subies and white wheels on Blue ones.

River if ya want I will throw one on this afternoon to show you the backspace on em. If I remember right they don't stick out too far.

What I'd love to know is how much further out they will stick with the adapters that I will have to run. That's what I'm worried about. Hate to buy the adapters and find a wheel to throw on just to see.

Well I'm currently running 2002-2004 WRX wheels that are 16", 5x100 and 53 offset. Those 2004 STI wheels would be the best (same offset, and pattern) but I bet they are hard to find. After more thought, I don't like the idea of running the 2005-2007 STI wheels with adapters. I think for the money, I could just find a more expensive set that will fit better. That sucks. I also considered running VW wheels (the 18" ones from the 20th Anniversary GTI) but I've heard of issues with them fitting up right and not wobbling even though they are 5x100.

Argh. Sorry for cluttering up your thread Kiefer.

Yeah those are nice. That's the style I always seem to gravitate towards. I could go in two directions. One would be to slam it lower and put on something like a BBS Super RS. The other would be to keep it at the height it is and put on something maybe a bit more rally inspired like a multi-spoke. Either way I think the wheels really need to be more gold in color (since mine is that two tone green/gold). Mine is not nearly as pretty as Kiefer's and I prefer to run snow tires year round so I'm leaning more towards something rally looking. Speedline's would be cool but man are they pricey. I'll probably try to find some 2004 STI wheels that fit correctly but those would cost maybe 800-1000? Then again maybe I'll just keep it the way it is and drive the snot out of it. I just got a new teaching gig for next year (much better pay) and can see driving this one for another year maybe two and then part of me would really like to keep it and rally cross it.

I need to take some pics of what I've done lately... I need to get some paint and paint some wheels after I get tires swapped over. Got a new system and gauge pod. Just need gauges.

Back