• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well here she is!

IMAG0119.jpg

mmmmm fresh wax!
IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

And heres my STI oil cap :D
IMAG0114.jpg

Thanks David but that's a WK1 ('06-'10) and those wear 18's in staggered size. Our '12 WK2 wears 295/45/20's front and rear.

No. spreading that tire to match the rim width would look super douche and you would have to run a crazy pressure to keep em seated on the beads. even then hard cornering could be sketchy.

Pirelli makes a snow tire in that size.

Yeah..... If you like throwing away lots of good money on an absolute garbage tire.

Pirelli tires just do not score good reviews from consumers...... Except where their track/performance tires are concerned.

were the 07's still bbs wheels stock or did they come with the enkei's?

Get yourself a boost controller and turbo timer

Depends on the model. Some were BBS, some were Enkei.

These just came on it. I don't know much about the difference on performance. but i have a feeling this one may have a tune on it. once jeep sells im gonna get boost contoller and a timer for sure.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465156&highlight=turbo+timer

no need for boost controller and stuff. take it to a tunner and either get a cobb accesport or an opensource tune and drive it.

wanna race:D

^ What he said. :thumbup:

Nice find man, I love the Tribeca Front end on those.

I'm more partial to the 04-05 fronts with the more aggressive hood scoop imo.

Heres a few pics i took during lunch. showing what it has for exhaust and such.
IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

Huge fan of that LP relocator. It's on my wish list for some day. Hate the stock location. Diggin' the cobb too. Is it catted or catless?

Man this thing just gets better and better. Love having the instant power to power up hills and such. I've already put 1600 miles on it since I got it. I've put a blow off valve on i. And did a few upgrades. Nothin too special or pic worthy. But I got it up to 110 that was pretty fun. Also love all the little Hondas that run around here and try to mess with me. They back off as soon as they hear me rev it. Starting to get used to it at least. Got a few things to figure out before I get into it much more. Gonna be getting an access port in the next few weeks and getting a few tunes. New guy that I work with builds turbo kits on the side so gonna see if he can't get me a deal on a Japan turbo. Also getting a dual cluster gauge pod and some pro sport evo gauges all digital.

Access port is a nice piece of equipment. Lots of additional features you can tweak with.

Little late now, but a good BOV read nonetheless: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468038&highlight=blow+off

I learned the hard way with my old POS DSM. Gauges easy to see in plain view really attract the wrong kind of crowd, especially those who think they can break into your stuff and take it for themselves. Just my $.02

If you couldn't tell, NASIOC is a great source for information with these vehicles. I'm sure you've come across it already.

I'm actually surprised you're so quick to mod this with all the knowledge you have with modding XJ's lol. It would be really sweet if you could keep both vehicles. Have one dedicated to more DD'ing, and the Jeep for satisfying that itch to tinker/modify. It really is nice to head out to the garage and know I don't have to worry about anything with my DD. Start adding mods and that can change real quick. Either way, that JBP is suuuuch a pretty color. Especially when you can get it all shined up and show off the flakes in paint.

Something I do highly suggest is a consideration into switching to the older school tails if you can. DJ actually mentioned this to me and I didn't agree initially, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. Not a fan of the Altezza appearance on the 06-07's. Example:

swap-a-roo2_184.jpg

Good find though. They're really fun. Reliable if you can keep up with the maintenance.

Scott

Looks good man.

Wife was gone a few weekends ago, so I got to park both cars in the garage!

WP_20130119_001_zpseaff261d.jpg

Here's my (very dirty) '06 WRX Limited Wagon next to the Jeep. I just switched the downpipe to a catted Titek I picked up off a seller on Nasioc. I had been running catless before that for a while. It's got a 3" turbo back and I have the Cobb AP flashed to stage II on 91 octane. Great pull and very fun. Still gets over 25mpg for daily driving too!

For snows, I have had great luck with Blizzaks on this and my wife's CR-V. Currently though, I am running a Nitto SN2 which is actually made by Toyo. I have been happy with them. For winter, I run a 205-55-16 in a set of '99RS 16" rims, since they clear the 4 pot brakes. Summer, 17" Rotas with a 215/45/17, as the wider 225's have a better chance of rubbing on a lowered wagon.

As Scott said, they are really fun. Good luck with it and as mentioned, NASIOC is a great resource.

Oh, and here's a more cleaned up version:
frontside4-30.jpg

Also for got mention in regards to the rear tail lights: I blacked out both my headlights and tailights, as I hated the chrome. I did not want to spend the couple hundred bucks for the '04-'05 one, but splitting the tails requires some cutting. It's different, and I like it better than stock:

DSCF0046.jpg

Last edited:
That's exactly what I wanna do with my tails! I have heard of nasioc but frequent awd pirates more often since its local. I need a good few days off of work to where's I can get emissions done and crack the head lights open. Saw some sweet painted ones with a red ring around the projector. How much would ya charge to do the tails? Lol don't really have time to do em but wouldn't mind paying to have someone do em. I'm a huge fan of the tails other then the chrome. :barf:
I've seen tons of write ups. Currently I'm just driving it thoug. Actually hit 2k miles since I got it. Which is terrible for less then a month lol. I need someone to look at the suspension tho. Has a few issues I'd like to get worked out. And not sure why but the rotors are grooved. I'm very happy with it though.

Also found out I don't need a turbo timer since these are oil cooled turbos!

In regards to tires I just picked up a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS' for the S4. Has some of the highest reviews on tirerack for our style of cars and in the surveys section it's green (excellent) to dark green (siperior) across the board for dry, wet, snow, etc.

The guy at tire rack said it loses a little in performance to the Pirelli but is way better in terms of all-season use. The little I've driven on them last night and this morning they were great. Quiet, smooth, and handled my icy/snow covered side streets just fine. I had Pirelli P6 4 season plus' on it before and they were alright but are only a Grand Touring tire and not really a performance tire. You sacrifice a lot of summer performance for mediocre winter performance.

I'm excited to see how these Continentals do. If your running a 16" rim my favorite all around tire on my GTI VR6 were the BFG Traction T/A's, unfortunately they don't offer them in a 17.

Back