• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well here she is!

Those yoko's will last a long time, but they don't have the best grip for aggressive driving. And with a "h" speed rating aren't really meant for over 125 mph or so.

They are good cruise around and not really eat up tread kinda tire. But for winter weather/sand/gravel traction or aggressive/fast driving they are not ideal.

:thumbup:

Lack of grip is fine w/AWD, especially at Bandimere. I ram my fastest time in the S4 when I was actually able to get some wheel spin off the line.

I meant traction as in all forms, specifically laterally. The yokos will let that car slide around turns at lower speeds as compared to planting in corners at higher speeds.
lack of traction =/= going faster

I've had the Blizzaks but I currently have some Firestone Winterforce tires on my Subaru. They are great and you can get them for less too. FYI.

Thanks for the ride Kiefer, I'd never been in a WRX. Not bad for power, but I don't think you really "drove" it though..... Seemed it had lots more in it.....:)

CLEAN car though - I dig it. :thumbup:

I was trying to talk him through brake boosting.and no-lift shifts. but it's still too new and nice for that

I can show you how to use these cars. we need to meet up, I am gunna be talking to my tunner in a few days so I will see if he will give me his cable so I can get you a good base map.

Man this thing just gets better and better. Love having the instant power to power up hills and such. I've already put 1600 miles on it since I got it. I've put a blow off valve on i. And did a few upgrades. Nothin too special or pic worthy. But I got it up to 110 that was pretty fun. Also love all the little Hondas that run around here and try to mess with me. They back off as soon as they hear me rev it. Starting to get used to it at least. Got a few things to figure out before I get into it much more. Gonna be getting an access port in the next few weeks and getting a few tunes. New guy that I work with builds turbo kits on the side so gonna see if he can't get me a deal on a Japan turbo. Also getting a dual cluster gauge pod and some pro sport evo gauges all digital.

Wait untill you get the accesport before you waiste time an money trying to get emissions

X2 on Blizzaks. Incredible year 'round tire. Ran those on our '07 Trailblazer SS and loved every aspect about those tires and all weather conditions. Awesome snow/ice traction.

Just wish they made them in the right size for the SRT8........ :mad:
2usuyyv.jpg

Back