• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Saturday morning.
9b165822d822a87e24e73852da58de54.jpg

Sunday night.
e6edd2cbebc2f54213ee8bb3cec7e5e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow what a weekend. D and I went to Charleston to visit with her parents and see her oldest son who turned 24 Sunday. He works for one of the carriage tour companies and got us a tour. Such a neat town. We roamed around the downtown market until he was off work. We then hit a couple places he likes to eat/drink down there. Interesting fact that the local restaurants and bars down there give people in the industry a huge discount. Nice to see businesses supporting the other businesses and their employees. We got home about midnight Saturday. Sunday Glenn and I got the drive-train in the MJ. Not long after that my friend Andy showed with my latest project. We got it unloaded and in the shop and then loaded up the WJ for him to start making WJ parts and products. Glenn, Ashley (his gf) and I ended up at one of the Mexican restaurants for diner at almost 9 pm. It was a long day but a lot was accomplished.

For the first time in 8 years, both kids were out of the house at the same time on Saturday night. We had a nice filet mignon dinner and then Suzie was asleep by 8:30 and I almost fell asleep in the recliner streaming off-road videos from YouTube on to our new AppleTV box.

Taking a vacation today, so a nice 3 day weekend. I usually am gone for work so much during the spring that I never take vacation days. Well that, coupled with the fact that I work from home so no one is really checking on my attendance. So by the end of the year I usually have about 15 days left to "use or lose" so I take random Mondays of in October and November, then I start vacation the day the girls get out of school for Christmas break and burn the rest. I leave work this year on December 19 and get back in on January 2 - unless I have to go to the Tournament of Roses parade this year - then I may stay another day in Los Angeles.

It's not all crap, but also not all sunshine.

If I could make this kind of money doing something else, I'd sure consider it. I do like the flexibility though...

It's not all crap, but also not all sunshine.

If I could make this kind of money doing something else, I'd sure consider it. I do like the flexibility though...

I know that feeling.

Yeah, spending New Years in Los Angeles, and traveling to New York, and Washington, and Disney, and San Antonio, and all that sounds fun, but it wears you out. I'm in year 21 of doing this. I'm not a young man anymore! In 21 years, I've been on the road with 145 different school groups to 24 states and 5 countries

Since 2000 I've been on 483 airplanes to about 55 different international and domestic airports.

Mohamed wouldn't pay what I asked....

...So I sold my paperwork to Lowrange.

What? No picture of the new "project"?

95 5 speed. Was used in ECORS for a couple seasons. I know I'll put my ton's under it. Not sure what transfer case I'll use yet. Probably run a sticky tire with raceline's I think. I want this one lighter then mine.

Be careful with race lines. A couple buddies have had issues with they because they are designed around a small tire bead. One of the guys I've wheeled with runs 43 sx and keeps loosing the inner bead because of it.

Be careful with race lines. A couple buddies have had issues with they because they are designed around a small tire bead. One of the guys I've wheeled with runs 43 sx and keeps loosing the inner bead because of it.

Yea I have heard of that issue. Which is why I went with the H1's but I want something lighter and more precise on the roundness. LOL!

I've never heard or seen of that issue. I wheel with a lot of people that have Racelines with 37/39 Reds, 40/42 Treps, and 43 SX. Glenn if you do buy them check with Scott at Goforth Tire, he's got the best price around.

I've never heard or seen of that issue. I wheel with a lot of people that have Racelines with 37/39 Reds, 40/42 Treps, and 43 SX. Glenn if you do buy them check with Scott at Goforth Tire, he's got the best price around.

Will do. Goforth is on the list of places to check out. There is a guy that is selling 39's on NC4x4 right now that said he had trouble with 2 holding air. The thing I heard back in 09 when I built my rig was people were loosing inner beads where there is no lock.

Will do. Goforth is on the list of places to check out. There is a guy that is selling 39's on NC4x4 right now that said he had trouble with 2 holding air. The thing I heard back in 09 when I built my rig was people were loosing inner beads where there is no lock.

That's a good deal on those tires. I could see loosing an inner bead if running to low of air pressure. I've never had an issue with my Walker Evans wheels.

That's a good deal on those tires. I could see loosing an inner bead if running to low of air pressure. I've never had an issue with my Walker Evans wheels.

Yea wish I had the cash.

Back