• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I always pulled the front skid off when I still had one. It was only 3 frame bolts and 3 nuts and bolts across the front on mine. It was less aggravation to pull it and replace it than work around it.

I always pulled the front skid off when I still had one. It was only 3 frame bolts and 3 nuts and bolts across the front on mine. It was less aggravation to pull it and replace it than work around it.

With my luck, had I gone to remove it, I'd have stripped and broke something causing a small job to become a monster. I didn't need that.

Om Friday I went to D's house to weather out the storm and make sure her basement didn't flood again. Saturday I finished the bumper mod on the Green 98 Limited that is now for sale. Then I moved the 88 XJ I bought from Woody around front to use as a donor for the MJ project. Thanks my friend. RIP! On Sunday Glenn and I pulled the transmission out of the XJ and his GF cleaned the T-case. We put the donor engine on the stand. Thanks Nick! Every thing got a through cleaning. Monday I hung out with D and we watched some Netflix. Monday afternoon I meet Glenn at the shop and we started pulling brackets and things for the motor to go in the MJ.

This was yesterday. Tula (or "Tollan") was at it's peak about 900-1150 AD, was the center of the Toltec culture, and center of power in Central Mexico, in-between the fall of Teotihuacan and the rise of Aztec culture. Never reached the size or power of either, but still a cool archeological site

14237680_10100249176410523_4085123226297651565_n.jpg

Seventeen years and a 8 days ago, I drove my Pontiac Grand Prix GTP into Southeast Jeep and drove home with this (after I got home to get my '83 Blazer as part of the trade package).

P1000249_zpslduujmyj.jpg

Seventeen years ago today, my brother and I took both our 1996 Grand Cherokees out to Sardis Lake in north Mississippi for a photo shoot. His silver truck on the left is the sole reason I got into Jeeps. It was the 5.2 V8 4x4 and I drove it for him pulling a U-Haul from Athens GA to Oxford MS. That was in August of 1999. Less than 4 weeks later, I had my own.

IMG_1908_zpsoimrrnxw.jpg

Seventeen years and a 8 days ago, I drove my Pontiac Grand Prix GTP into Southeast Jeep and drove home with this (after I got home to get my '83 Blazer as part of the trade package).

P1000249_zpslduujmyj.jpg

Seventeen years ago today, my brother and I took both our 1996 Grand Cherokees out to Sardis Lake in north Mississippi for a photo shoot. His silver truck on the left is the sole reason I got into Jeeps. It was the 5.2 V8 4x4 and I drove it for him pulling a U-Haul from Athens GA to Oxford MS. That was in August of 1999. Less than 4 weeks later, I had my own.

IMG_1908_zpsoimrrnxw.jpg

Neat story.

I wish mine would work like it should without all the junk that keeps popping up. I like the Grand Cherokee styling, comfort, room and drivetrain.

Saturday I went to Raleigh and picked up a 05 TJ motor for the WJ I got from Andy a couple weeks ago. It came with body and engine harnesses and computer. Engine oil pan skid, radiator and gages and JVS engine lift mounts. Sunday we unloaded the motor and parts and put up a shelf in the storage trailer and organized some parts.

Since I'd gotten zero response in my attempt to sell the green XJ, I decided to push forward with it and finish the work needed to get it back on the road. Last weekend I got about 80% of the interior put back in and bought two used 1/2 tread Goodyear tires in the stock size.

So naturally after that happened I got two calls on it on the same day. Being that I was so close to having it roadworthy, I declined the sales and dropped the C/L ad.

Yesterday I started with a long list of things to get done and it is now semi - officially back on the road. Most notably I replaced the axle end UCA bushings since they were totally trashed, and I bought two new matching Goodyear tires from Walmart so now it has good shoes all the way around. Drove it about 50 miles today and had a new windshield put in it to stop the huge leak whenever it rained.

Only a few issues need to be ironed out now like figuring out why I have no interior lights and why I'm getting a pretty good vibration from the rear above 50 mph. Oh, and I still need to find a grill & headlight bezels.

Saturday I went to Raleigh and picked up a 05 TJ motor for the WJ I got from Andy a couple weeks ago. It came with body and engine harnesses and computer. Engine oil pan skid, radiator and gages and JVS engine lift mounts. Sunday we unloaded the motor and parts and put up a shelf in the storage trailer and organized some parts.

Dang, wish I'd known you were going to Raleigh. I got a transmission and tcase up there that I need.

Dang, wish I'd known you were going to Raleigh. I got a transmission and tcase up there that I need.

Damn that sucks. It was thrown together late last week. And engine came available and when I sold my trailer I was able to commit to buying it. I'll let you know if I end up that direction again.

May be picking up a 2005 Expedition as a "run around town" vehicle and as a tow pig for the XJ. One of my wife's co-workers is selling. Eddie Bauer edition - everything works. About 194xxx miles. Not too worried about that mileage, since I only put about 6,000 miles a year on my daily driver.

Also, if all goes as planned, I will be going to Los Angeles for the Tournament of Roses for work this year, so I've been toying around the idea of driving out and back and seeing the southwest - out through Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, and the Grand Canyon. Then home through Yuma, Tucson, El Paso, Midland, Dallas, and Little Rock.

This weekend I got my brown dog motor brackets on,I put a new radiator, thermo and housing, still have to put a new track bar on, any suggestion on drag links too?

I'm biased but Ironman4x4fab has the best trackbar system out right now.

I left town the day after my birthday in March for 3 weeks, so I didn't get a birthday cake. Today was my 1/2 birthday, so Suzie made sure I had a cake today. Even used a mini of my Jeep on it. All I could think about was how the climb on the cake reminded me of Harlan.

232882E4-5AA0-4EE6-AB4F-612529B5176B_zpsqrita4b8.jpg

290F819D-A7BF-49BA-BC05-0F759E5CB2FA_zpsr12e5og9.jpg

Awesome Cake!

Back