• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

My basement flooded pretty bad a few years back and I used drylock to seal the floor and walls. I also got a really beefy sump pump. It has rained a lot harder/longer since then and I havent had any problems

This is kind of what I'm telling her she needs to do. Of course that means its my next project. I was shocked she got water in her basement. She is on a hill and fairly high up at that.

Got an unexpected call from my mom the other day (she lives in Alaska).
Bad news is she's going to the hospital to get some none scrapped from her back.
Good news is she agrees with us that we should get our own place to call home... She's sending some financial help to get us into a place (we are buying it)!
As for doing anything to the xj..... Looking for some decent used tires (new is just way out of our budget).

That's what a friend that did construction/ damage renovation told me they did before they went all out in sealing a basement/ crawl space. Since it was seeping in, that'd be my first route. If it was running in from between the ground and foundation or slab, I would do that as well as some landscaping and maneuvering outside to prevent any water from accumulating there and shedding it away.

That's what a friend that did construction/ damage renovation told me they did before they went all out in sealing a basement/ crawl space. Since it was seeping in, that'd be my first route. If it was running in from between the ground and foundation or slab, I would do that as well as some landscaping and maneuvering outside to prevent any water from accumulating there and shedding it away.

Yea there is no way she can do anything out side around the foundation right now. I can only imagine the bill to dig up around her basement with a big deck and big porch covering 2 of the three sides. We've discussed putting a hole in the floor and a sump pump in which is what we are thinking. However if there isn't a layer of gravel for the water to flow through make it a mute point?

Made arrangements to go look at this house on 7 acres.
Getting frustrated that I can't find "cheap" (read inexspensive /used) tires around this area, with all the stinking tires shops around us nobody has our size. Grrr

Getting frustrated that I can't find "cheap" (read inexspensive /used) tires around this area, with all the stinking tires shops around us nobody has our size. Grrr

Have you looked on NC4x4.com? There are quite a few members in Western NC.

How does yall deal with a kid that ya can't stand, yet is like the ONLY kid in the area that's your child's age group, and they play together?

He's a product of his environment.... No brains, lazy & will end up strung out on drugs when he gets older.
No idea what his grades look like from school, but my daughter is an honor roll student. She sure doesn't need that garbage hanging around and dragging her down into the gutter.

Went wheeling yesterday and MM for the day. Had a real good time. MM dry is a blast. Walked everything I wanted to hit and burnt a little rubber on V notch for fun. Work the next 6 days before the Flog but I'll be there!

Good used tires are getting scarce. With as much as they are, they tend to wear them out. Most of the used stuff that is out there isn't fit to be run.

A lot of the China made stuff has gone up in price due to the tariffs leveled on them. There used to be some pretty good tires out there that are cheap but that has changed.

Took my car to the track for the weekend to finish trashing my old set of tires. 185 miles of straight track time over 2 days, with an average of 10MPG. Not bad for a 4 banger Ecoboost Focus :)

It was chilly in the mornings, but it made for good boost weather. Now to sort through the 29GB of GoPro video I got...

Last edited:

Wow, I remember that picture of mine. Things were simple and clean back then. 31's, 3.55's and open/open with a nice 3.5" RE Lift. Made for a nice DD/Weekend Wheeler set up. It got cleaned up on a weekly basis too.

Not the case anymore!

Wow, that first picture was from the Crawl in '08. I miss that Jeep. If you look close you can see the broke rear shock hanging down on the drivers side.

Wow, that first picture was from the Crawl in '08. I miss that Jeep. If you look close you can see the broke rear shock hanging down on the drivers side.

That is the Jeep that is in the picture on the window at 4WP on Nolensville Road, isn't it.

Back