• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Moved my radio from above the mirror to flushed into my dash under the radio. So much cleaner looking.

20150121_114917_zpslsxf4mwl.jpg

Last edited:
Moved my radio from above the mirror to flushed into my dash under the radio. So much cleaner looking.

20150120_193516_zpsimahn5uj.jpg

Do you have an external speaker? Or can you hear it just fine being inserted into the dash?

Do you have an external speaker? Or can you hear it just fine being inserted into the dash?

I don't have an external speaker yet but I'll most likely add one. I can hear it loud and clear while sitting in park idling but I haven't had the opportunity to use it out on the trail yet so I don't know. I'm thinking an external speaker will be ideal. They're $13 bucks on Ebay so I can at least give it a try.

I used to get d60s for 100-150 apiece (fronts only, rears are too worthless) and flip em on cl/facebook for 300-700 depending on features. Got tired of humping 550lb axles out of the yard though and I don't have the free time I used to, so I stick to nv4500 manual transmissions these days. I can pull one in 2 hours or less, get em for 100-170 and have sold for anything from 650 to 1300 dollars. And they are only about 200lbs so I can go it alone if I need to...

I can't believe the prices people pay for axles and transmissions rather than being patient and finding them in the yards. 325 for a 44/60 set is a good price though, I would pay that myself if I was looking for those.

Nice! If mine had 4.10's stock I wouldn't have Regeared.

Yeah well mine wound up being 3.73's :dunce: the front brakes were frozen and the rear was sitting on the drums, plus I'd just driven a touch over 4 hours to get them so I just took him at his word on the ratio. I'd already factored in that I'd at least have to do new bearings and seals anyway. I don't think the kid outright lied to me, I just think he was telling me what someone else told him when he bought them so it is what it is. It's ok. I don't think I'd have been overly happy wheeling 37's on 4.10's anyway so it just gives me the push I needed to go ahead and regear them. :thumbup:

I pulled a t-case, destroyed more of the 2 door and pulled the headliner out of my DD to get ready to recover it and install the OHC.

Fleet-o-junk
20150124_143532_zpshbsszcmr.jpg

T-case for sale
20150124_133353_zpswnatf8lk.jpg

Molested 2 door
20150124_153817_zpsixdupchn.jpg

Naked DD.
20150124_160824_zpsbkx0xzmg.jpg

The crappy stuff that you have to scrub off your headliner to replace the fabric.
20150124_163857_zps5p9s6kbx.jpg

If you want to give me that 2 door carcass when you are done I'll come get it.......

Went to URE and drug guardrail and installed it on an illegal bypass. Ironman 4x4 fab Andy showed up! Haven't seen him in a few years. Love his new zj!
Working on stuff at the shop....

Pulled all my currie steering setup to straighten out the tie rod and replace TREs. Changing axle seals on the dana 30, and replacing my worn flex joint on my RE ds track bar. XJ is gonna be down a couple of days because my impact took a crap on me.

Swapped in new 8.8 last weekend. Discovered there was a multitude of wrong with the old one, everything down to the perches being wrong causing the wrong wheelbase (too short). As a result of now having a correct wheelbase, my driveshaft no longer worked. Ordered and installed a new one over the course of the week, which I had hoped would take care of the driveline grinding that suddenly became a lot more noticeable post axle swap. Pulled the front shaft today (bone stock with 170k on all the factory original parts) and the noises are still there.

Now i'll be pulling the tcase to see what I find wrong. Not exactly what I wanted to be doing.

Went to Mullins yesterday to look at a 4Runner for Wendy. It's a long story as to why I made an 11 hour round trip to look at that particular one, so I won't get into it. I decided it wouldn't be worth all the trouble so we're passing on it. I did get to eat at my favorite burger joint while I was there, so all wasn't lost.

Went to the shop today and cleaned a little on the axles I bought last weekend. Nothing too exciting this week, but I did find out that the raise I had asked about late last year at work was finally approved. A little extra money is always good!

Pulled all my currie steering setup to straighten out the tie rod and replace TREs. Changing axle seals on the dana 30, and replacing my worn flex joint on my RE ds track bar. XJ is gonna be down a couple of days because my impact took a crap on me.

Too bad you aren't closer to me, you could borrow mine. It doesn't get used as much as I'd like. Although I'll be doing the brakes on the DD this weekend...

Travis and Mark came by Saturday and we got a new headliner installed in my Mother-In-Law's '98 Cherokee.

Spent some time getting ready for the Wrenchfest on the 31st. Still have some more work to do but we should be able to get stuff done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back