• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Messed with the "Beat up Benz" some tonight. Still cannot figure out why its not starting with the key.

I'll be wanting to do an easy ride to get the front gears broken in after I get them in. Any suggestions on easier trails in the area? I've been to Hale Mtn several times and I don't think its a good place to try to break in a gearset.

I'll be wanting to do an easy ride to get the front gears broken in after I get them in. Any suggestions on easier trails in the area? I've been to Hale Mtn several times and I don't think its a good place to try to break in a gearset.

Is Stony Lonesome still open?? That wouldn't be a bad place to go.

Edit: Yes it is, just looked it up.

Funny short story...

A guy I work with has been looking for a CJ for a while... Told me he found one and was going to buy it. He said from looking at pictures of it that it had about 10 inches of lift and at least 40" tires on it. He said he was getting a STEAL for it at $7,500. He SWORE this was a $12,000 Jeep. I was skeptical. I tried to tell him I doubt it's worth $7,500.

He drove it to work today.

1981. SOA lift, 33's, botched paint job, no top, dash is in pieces...
20140417_085344_zps4ab3891a.jpg

Funny short story...

A guy I work with has been looking for a CJ for a while... Told me he found one and was going to buy it. He said from looking at pictures of it that it had about 10 inches of lift and at least 40" tires on it. He said he was getting a STEAL for it at $7,500. He SWORE this was a $12,000 Jeep. I was skeptical. I tried to tell him I doubt it's worth $7,500.

Sounds about right for CJ's around here.... Aint worth shit but priced like its gold. :rof:

Funny short story...

I'd like to shake the seller's hand... and offer him commission to sell my shit

"There's a sucker born every minute" - PT Barnum

We could run up Andrews rd. Its off of 431 and is a decent trail, not hard at all, and its public. I go there all the time to take a break from everything.

We could run up Andrews rd. Its off of 431 and is a decent trail, not hard at all, and its public. I go there all the time to take a break from everything.

What's that near??

fractured two ribs, dislocated my knee, and started a new job since last weekend..... I'm sure they were glad to see this broken old piece of crap show up for day one....... good thing I trained everyone there at a previous job-- gets you a couple extra brownie points, I guess.

What's that near??

It's not worth the drive for you. I took a stock to on 31s all the way except the big hill at the end. It's only worth it if your local.

Easy riding... What's your definition of easy riding?

Yeah too far for 1.5 hr trail ride. If you come up, make it then we can all go to hollytree or hale mtn.

Sounds good. I've yet to get to either spot. I haven't been on the trail in a year and a half or so. So, I'm good with easier to get me started, and reacquainted with rig. It was down for so long I forgot what was wrong with it! :eyes:

Back