• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Man, I wish I could find a free shell like that up here. My "rust free" XJ has a foot long rot hole in one rear frame rail and the rockers are going - and that's decent for around here.

If anyone happens to get ahold of another (preferably with clear title), I may be making runs to the NC area every month or so in the near future, depending on how things go... dragging a trailer down and bringing a shell back isn't out of the question. I'd rather swap all my XJ's parts onto a clean shell than try and fix this one, it's dented everywhere and has rot in the places I mentioned, plus it has a crummy history on the title so it isn't worth crap. If I could sell it for anywhere near what it'd be worth clean I would be DDing a nice MJ or a subaru of some sort by now.

You need to shop down here. 135k mile '99 $2,500 XJ's.

My 98 was $1500 but had a dented hatch. Lot more miles though. The 97 I found was $500 with a bad head gasket. But it wasn't rust free. Ask Tim and Nick! ;) :gag:

I don't give a damn if the drivetrain is trashed and the interior is too, I can find a donor for that stuff for almost nothing up here that's about to break in half from rust.

my '88 was $200.00 and needed a water pump.......
the '94 was $300.00 and needed a cylendar head.......
the '00 was free and needs rocker panels, srings, shock mounts, brake lines.......... I think I'm happier paying a little bit to get something worth fixing!! :(

Just got the key out the ignition of the Ghost. That was a PITA! Now I get to put it all back together! I need a pallet wrecker!

Re: Re: Weekend is over...what did you get done?

If I get paid this Saturday I may pay you a visit and help get rid of it.... I can use a bit of what's left. Pm me your info when you get a chance

Let me know if you are or are not coming to get the shell tomorrow. I am going to have it hauled off Monday if you are not coming to get it.

Aligned my DS door, put general stuff back together that I had been sitting on for a few weeks now. Searched the web for a new headliner! They are a pain to find.

Pull yours and reupholster it yourself, it is cheap and not all that difficult to do.

Finished my stupid bumper thing
te7eqy4y.jpg

Pull yours and reupholster it yourself, it is cheap and not all that difficult to do.

I would but there isn't anything there! Just bare metal. I had all the stuff to do it, left the stripped headliner at work in our garage while deployed. 7 months later I get back and they had thrown it away about a week before my return.

Back