• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

What did I get done this weekend!

Well its official again............I have a new XJ

Bought my buddies XJ from him for a song.

2001 Ex-Park Ranger XJ
Full rubber floor interior
A pillar Spot Light
6.5" RE with long arms
Custom Front and rear bumpers
10k LB Warn Winch
Front Dana 30 with 4.10s, E-locker, chromoly, Diff Cover
Rear 8.8, 4.10, disks, Aussie, Shackle reverse
Rock Sliders
CB
"Extended Idle" button (raises idle to 1k rpms)
33" ProComp MTs on 15" D's @ 70%
AW4

Will post pix when it is light out.

Driving it as DD until my truck transmission is fixed. Has A/C and Heat, and under 100k miles.

My buddy needed some cash and I needed a ride.........recipe for double win. I've known and worked on this jeep for years so I know what its worth and I know how well he takes care of it.........so it was a no-brainer.

Went wheeling with Nick, Doug, Sam and Tyler. Doug's MJ did work until it lost some nuts.

Did you do that before or after you gave us the middle finger?

I had a great time with Andy and his family at country fried weekend. Saw Stump a few times, looked like he was having a blast cooking lol...

Over 400 miles on the Jeep.

Did you do that before or after you gave us the middle finger?

I had a great time with Andy and his family at country fried weekend. Saw Stump a few times, looked like he was having a blast cooking lol...

Over 400 miles on the Jeep.

I've been wanting to go to Windrock for a long time, sucks I didn't get to hang with you guys.

Changed the oil in the 8.25 with some Mobile 1 75w90. First time using a Lube Locker gasket. So easy and best part, no RTV.

Changed the NP242 fluid with some new Mobile 1 ATF.

Finally installed my Putco harness, Hella DOT housings, and some Philips Xtreme Vision H4's. The housings have been sitting in my dining room since the summer, glad to finally get them in!

Found a matching spare tire on Craigslist, which was a long shot since Bridgestone discontinued that model and tread about 5 or 6 years ago, and picked it up. Went to the yard and found an axle shaft out of a 96 to use as a trail spare.

I've been wanting to go there for a while as well. That just means we need to go sometime again.

I'm down! Once I get the pinion seal and bearing fixed the jeep will be ready to wheel again.

Fixed all the problems with the trailer hookup wiring, right taillight, and dome light + speaker bar in my 98 XJ. There were a lot of corroded connections and a lot of melted/burned connectors, too.

Then I towed my new welder home from a NAC meetup (well, "new" is a relative term... it's a Eutectic EutecArc Magna-Trans MD201, made sometime before the oil crisis) with a rented trailer, then towed a friends' motorcycle home from the next state over so he can work on it again. Jeep rides better towing 1500lbs with 3 people in it than it did empty with 1 person in it before I put the new rear springs/shocks in, I'm quite pleased.

Cobbled together an exhaust to get the Jeep to pass state inspection. Think I've found a shop that doesn't try to pin you to the wall when it comes to inspection. I think they'll be seeing me again in the future....

UNCC...this is who I use...never blinks an eye how my XJ looks.8" lift on 35's NO flares and does NOT measure bumper height :)
Performance Inspection
8118 Statesville Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269 map
(980) 226-5498
Also got around to installing an aux trans cooler out of a 98 Merc/Ford Explorer/mountaineer with the V8.Big cooler and just barely fit between A/C Condenser and the grill.
looks like this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5L2Z-7A095-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1787ac9b&vxp=mtr

UNCC...this is who I use...never blinks an eye how my XJ looks.8" lift on 35's NO flares and does NOT measure bumper height :)
Performance Inspection
8118 Statesville Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269 map
(980) 226-5498
Also got around to installing an aux trans cooler out of a 98 Merc/Ford Explorer/mountaineer with the V8.Big cooler and just barely fit between A/C Condenser and the grill.
looks like this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5L2Z-7A095-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1787ac9b&vxp=mtr

Nice! I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. I used a shop in Newell that i've used before. Only thing he said was the exhaust had a slight leak (that I knew it did from where I clamped it together), but he wasn't real concerned with it. Never said a word about no flares, but I thought that wasn't a concern in NC.

Went camping at CFW '14, got stood up by Aaron, froze my ass off, ate lots off good food, had fun, I think that's all.

Take note of the header panel that I've decided to bolt on the front of my Camper.
20140116_172931_zpsea47f1ac.jpg

20140117_090759_zpsc189100e.jpg

20140118_115428_zpsabe83e77.jpg

(Aaron: Given the opportunity, I would have stood me up too.)

Last edited:
Ooooooo. I like that trans cooler. Have you put it on yet? Any modifications needed to make it fit?

I have it installed.I had to remove the bracket that is on the side.Smple to do just drill out the rivets with a 3/16" drill bit which are on the top plate.2 3/16" size rivets for the 2 90* brackets in the location facing up and bolted that to the header panel,drill holes of course.The one that I installed the bottom bracket stuck out then bent down 90 * I bent it to be flush with the cooler and cut off the rest to just above the header panel where the bottom portion of the grill sits.The one in the pic on EBAY looks like it may be flush all ready on the bottom.I will get some pics later today.Of course I did not pay that price.$20 from my local pull a part.I just need to make a small flat straight bracket for the bottom,have small rubber hose portions for now to keep it from rubbing the hoses.It sits very close to the grill so careful positioning is required but not hard to figure out.

Last edited:
Back