• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Took advantage of a beautiful day and headed up to the lake with the gf and a bunch of friends. Fun filled day of tubing, lounging, and grilling. Got a call this morning that ended my hunt for a job with an offer from Advance Auto. Going up there tomorrow to get set up after I do some landscaping work to make some cash on the side.

KP helped me swap the BB and MC from a 99 into the 88.

No real snags until we tried to flare the end. Three sets of flare tools later, we ended up using compression fittings to combine two pre-flared ends.

Now we just need to work on the push rod some and get the brakes working right.

Got a call this morning that ended my hunt for a job with an offer from Advance Auto.

Good luck with it. I did it for a year and a half at O'Reilly's. Wasn't that bad of a job, I got killer discounts on parts. I usually had no problems with the people, cause when they didn't know what the heck was going on, I would politely tell the customer that it wasn't my job to diagnose their problem, it was just my job to sell them the part. Lol, in the end, it was a new store manager that did me in. Nobody liked her, she came in the store and started running everyone off one by one so she could hire her friends. To get rid of me she kept cutting my hours back until I couldn't afford to work there anymore. Oh well, I ended up with a better job working at a repair shop, which got me a lot of credibility and the experience that I need to help you guys out! :thumbup:

This weekend I drove out to Bishopville, SC to meet up with Dave and see Hillary (OldBlueXJ and Rockclimbinbarbie). Hillary and I went to the beach on Friday and met up with some friends of mine that were there on their honey moon. We swam and had a good time, and I managed to drown/lose my phone in the ocean. Then on Saturday we went to Uwharrie and went riding for the day. Today Hillary and I are going to go see a movie then I have to head back to Chattanooga.

Last edited:
Good luck with it. I did it for a year and a half at O'Reilly's. Wasn't that bad of a job, I got killer discounts on parts. I usually had no problems with the people, cause when they didn't know what the heck was going on, I would politely tell the customer that it wasn't my job to diagnose their problem, it was just my job to sell them the part. Lol, in the end, it was a new store manager that did me in. Nobody liked her, she came in the store and started running everyone off one by one so she could hire her friends. To get rid of me she kept cutting my hours back until I couldn't afford to work there anymore. Oh well, I ended up with a better job working at a repair shop, which got me a lot of credibility and the experience that I need to help you guys out! :thumbup:

This weekend I drove out to Bishopville, SC to meet up with Dave and see Hillary (OldBlueXJ and Rockclimbinbarbie). Hillary and I went to the beach on Friday and met up with some friends of mine that were there on their honey moon. We swam and had a good time, and I managed to drown/lose my phone in the ocean. Then on Saturday we went to Uwharrie and went riding for the day. Today Hillary and I are going to go see a movie then I have to head back to Chattanooga.

Yeah it's been a few years since i've been in retail...so it should be interesting dealing with the public once again.

Riding in Uwharrie eh? You were about an hour away from me!

Yeah it's been a few years since i've been in retail...so it should be interesting dealing with the public once again.

Riding in Uwharrie eh? You were about an hour away from me!

If you go through the woods you are only about 1.5 hours from us to the south!

Starting Friday after work:
Mowed the grass-skipped the weed eating:doh:
Repaired another (New?) Dell Laptop and reinstalled the OS (without all the adware crap and limited time programs):badpc:
Sleep:speepin:
Did the Uwharrie day run-as posted :photo:, got home :tv:
Sleep:speepin:
Just got about 75-80% of the mud off the heap-I hate MUD!:bawl:
Wrote these few important words to all you fine people :laugh3:
Going to chill and read a good book. (4-Wheel-Parts):cheers::tv:

I see a road trip in the future!

Me too! I missed URE yesterday and have not had a chance to run it yet this year. I usually hit it up about 4 times a year at least. I want to catch it in the rain this year!

Me too! I missed URE yesterday and have not had a chance to run it yet this year. I usually hit it up about 4 times a year at least. I want to catch it in the rain this year!

"We" are/should have a date near the end of next month...what say you?:scottm:

Give more notice! I'm only two hours away. I would have swapped my front and showed up had I a day of notice :)

Drove MJ around town and finally pulled strap from around rear frame where I needed a tug from the fishy mudhole at Morris Mountain. That's all I have done since unloading it from the Crawl.

KP helped with finishing the booster and MC swap. Some point down the road, I'll have the push rods swapped too, since the pedal is so much higher than stock.

But hey, at least it stops! WhooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.

That'll be right after school starts..have to see how school is going by then...really need to stay on top of everything since it's senior year.

Hey guys, after making my first post in this thread this morning, Hillary and I went out to leave for the movie and we found Dave washing my truck for me. If you guys ever have the chance to meet/hang out/4 wheel with him, I highly suggest it. He's an awesome guy. Thanks again Dave for the truck wash and the place to stay for the weekend. I really appreciate everything you did for me! And thanks for letting Hillary and I hang out. I had a blast and will be back.

i rounded out my 7 days in a row of 10 hour shifts.... 95 hrs in 2 weeks... im beat i think im taking the waggy for a drive tomorrow

Hey guys, after making my first post in this thread this morning, Hillary and I went out to leave for the movie and we found Dave washing my truck for me. If you guys ever have the chance to meet/hang out/4 wheel with him, I highly suggest it. He's an awesome guy. Thanks again Dave for the truck wash and the place to stay for the weekend. I really appreciate everything you did for me! And thanks for letting Hillary and I hang out. I had a blast and will be back.
You are welcome.:wave1:

Took the boys to the "Science of Nascar" event at the Adventure Science Center, took the wife and kids out to Centennial Park for some big band music/dancing with Fiona on Saturday. Then Church, Flea Market, and grilled out with the in-laws on Sunday. I didn't get anytime for Project Mini XJ or the DIY Cowl Hood. I've already set tonight aside for working on the hood. If anyone wants to come hang out and/or help feel free to drop in.

I agree! Good people to hang out with!

I got my 8.8 stuck back under the Jeep after I removed a leaf, replaced the spring perches, center pins, moved the lower shock mounts and added some pump stops. Fun!

Back