• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I've come across a couple really nice long beds recently, but no short beds-- I'll keep an eye out for you, though.

I know where there is a REALLY nice one, but the rest of the MJ is completely restored...... would probably run $4000 for the bed (and the other MJ parts)

Thanks Shorty!

I went wheeling and broke two 30 shafts and some other stuff. And backed up into a dead tree so hard it tweaked my 2x6 1/4" wall rear bumper, knocked branches off, and gave me a minor case of whiplash. Oops.

Still fun but I need to start working on getting the 60s under the jeep ASAP.

Your right, in the 4 years I have been a member of this forum, I have posted 2 comments regarding drinking and driving. By now you'd think God would have struck me down. In those same 4 years, and dozens of wheeling trips to Uwharrie, Gulches, Callahantee, The Flats, Shoe Creek, The Farm, The Devils Playground, and all over the Southeast, I have only met 3 NAXJA members on the trails. Ghost, Lowrange2, and I cannot remember the 3rd ones forum name, but his name was Brian. I believe all 3 are from South Carolina.
Ive been on NC4x4 about the same time, and have met and wheeled with hundreds of members.

Seems this is more of a web wheeler collective than a 4x4 Club in North Carolina. I can respect the rules, I can respect peoples views on the matter, but respecting a group of keyboard jockies with jeeps is alot more difficult.

My sincerest apoligies for muddying the water, hope to see yall on the trails.
This post continues to live up to your reputation.

Very. Lol. I really do wish there was a real naxja following in the area, but ive got plenty friends with xjs so I guess I will live.

There are quite a few members in NC that are on here but don't post here much. There are others that post more on NC4x4 then here because there are more local people on that board that go more often. A lot of us have familes and the SEC is very spread out. Some of us work all year to be able to attend the Crawl.

I know what you mean i wheeled alot with the MWC. But havnt found many in this area.

There have traditionally been very few members in the AL area. It hink right now is the most I cna ever remember sense the SEC was formed.

Had to deal with the soon to be x this weekend. Van started making noises and ended up haveing to do a unitbears swap and brake job in my sister in laws yard. The damn woman did nto want the van out of her sight while I worked on it. Crazy people. Then she slept the whole time I worked on it! WTF?

Im on NC4x4 often, Ive probably met and wheeled with over 100 of the folks off that site, and I would say thats on the low side.

The crawl sounds awesome don't get me wrong, but Im not gonna save up all my money for one wheeling trip when I can make a ton of them. Ill go to harlan at some point in the next year or so, but I dont know yet if I will make the crawl. Id like to, but financially I have more important things going on, and theres alot of good private locations a lot closer.

Last edited:
I need a rust/dent free short bed for our MJ thats getting rebuilt after the roll. If you see another one hook a buddy up!

Will do. The one I got was a long bed but I think they had another MJ that was a shortbed. I'll check and see...

I love these little trucks. I know there's not alot you can do with a 2wd other than make a sleeper out of it but hey, since that's what I'm doing, it should work out nicely.

The interior is finished with exception of the headliner which I hope to have soon. I'm debating on getting the seats recovered but it's not too high on the list of priorities right now. I've been reading alot in the Street & Performance Forum. I've got some good ideas on the suspension and I have my own ideas on the motor so we'll see how it turns out. I hope to have a nice street truck when it's done.

Had to deal with the soon to be x this weekend. Van started making noises and ended up haveing to do a unitbears swap and brake job in my sister in laws yard. The damn woman did nto want the van out of her sight while I worked on it. Crazy people. Then she slept the whole time I worked on it! WTF?

And you had to work on it because...?

If my kids weren't riding in that van I wouldn't touch it! Ex means "Ex"! She can hire a mechanic. Now if its the kid hauler, then yes that van would be in tip top shape just for them alone, not her!

Finally got a slow down in the whirlwind that of work. Went by PAP this weekend and picked up a new starter, overhead console and rear brake line. Got the garage ready and the jeep in to start ripping into it. If I get enough time between jobs I hope to have it ready for my first Crawl.

If my kids weren't riding in that van I wouldn't touch it! Ex means "Ex"! She can hire a mechanic. Now if its the kid hauler, then yes that van would be in tip top shape just for them alone, not her!

That is exactly what I was thinking.

And you had to work on it because...?

Bingo! And she has beat it to shit. I told her months ago to take it to the local Ford dealer that I would take care of it. She is a borderline horder IMHO, the van has boxes, hard plastic boxes, of her shit in it everywhere. It is a 7 passanger mini van that can bairly seat 3!

yup this is our own tyler garret (Team Willys) eating wake 10 feet from shore...good times

576860_807658449358_52707502_35031098_596171509_n.jpg

Tyler is so cool his hair does not even get wet!:cool:

Never been there but it came up in a search and its like 20 minutes from me. Does the wheelin suck or something?

They have had an ECOR's race there the last 2 years in a row. From what I hear it is a decent place to go. If you are 20 min away it's worth one visit.

Back