• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

The mall is pretty big, located on 50 acres, it has an uptown side and downtown side and is connected by a monorail, 3 levels with parking on the roof and mulitple parking garages.

"home to more than 170 stores, restaurants and services. In addition to the monorail, Pearlridge boasts 2 food courts, 12 full-service restaurants, a miniature golf course, 2 arcades, 16 theaters, an emergency clinic, and an 8-story office complex"

Jesus! My whole town doesn't have that much going on.

We might have 100 stores, 10 resturaunts, no golf, no arcade, 1 theatre (10 screens), a hospital and a bunch of businesses.

It was a long week. Left last Tuesday for San Antonio. Got in during a heat wave...95+ every day with one quick swing into the 100s.

It was Fiesta so on Saturday night there were about 650,000 people in downtown. I was with a high school marching band that played the night parade. After we got back from the parade it was 1:00 am before I got in bed, then was up at 4:15 am for a flight to Iowa for my dad's retirement concert (he is a band director). Spent 16 hours at home, then up at 5:30 am for a drive to Chicago to catch a flight back to Nashville.

Today is my first day back in the office in over a week.

One cool thing from the trip, one of the chaperones came down on the first day wearing a Jeep shirt. I asked if he drove one and he said when Chrysler gives him one. Turns out he is Cheif Legal Counsel for the Chrysler brand. One of their top executives. I sat with him at lunch that day and all he wanted to do was look at my off-road pictures. He told me that Jeep is considering resurrecting the Grand Waggoneer and Cherokee name plates.

He told me that Jeep is considering resurrecting the Grand Waggoneer and Cherokee name plates.

According to the pictures I have seen they shouldn't, it is insulting. The cherokee prototype looks like a cross between a WK and a Compass, has IFS/IRS, no manual option, and may not even have 4lo.

More chrysler/fiat badge engineering.

According to the pictures I have seen they shouldn't, it is insulting. The cherokee prototype looks like a cross between a WK and a Compass, has IFS/IRS, no manual option, and may not even have 4lo.

More chrysler/fiat badge engineering.

So a cross between a Grand Cherokee and a Compass? Is it called the Grand Ass? lol

Turned in my resignation this afternoon at work. I could almost hear the sh!t hitting the fan moments after I clicked "send" on my e-mail. Time to move on to bigger and better things.

EW the cherokee/liberty thing looks hideous IMO and when/if it comes out is gonna be overpriced just like the rest of the jeep fleet nowadays.

view from the "office" today....
524192_793235957148_52707502_34971379_1769862466_n.jpg

So a cross between a Grand Cherokee and a Compass? Is it called the Grand Ass? lol

Turned in my resignation this afternoon at work. I could almost hear the sh!t hitting the fan moments after I clicked "send" on my e-mail. Time to move on to bigger and better things.
Already got a new gig lined up? I leapt without anything lined up and I'm still not sure it was a good idea, but it has been great so far. I've almost caught up on the stuff I should have been doing during evenings for the 8 months previous, when I was stuck in NYC 5 days a week working 12 hour days for no good reason.

If all else fails I will get a job at Home Depot or something.

Already got a new gig lined up? I leapt without anything lined up and I'm still not sure it was a good idea, but it has been great so far. I've almost caught up on the stuff I should have been doing during evenings for the 8 months previous, when I was stuck in NYC 5 days a week working 12 hour days for no good reason.

If all else fails I will get a job at Home Depot or something.

Sure do. Accepted an offer for a new gig this morning...one that's more in line with my degree and pays very well!

This is by far one of the greatest feelings ever.......

Oh is it ever...especially with this company that i'm leaving. The grin still hasn't come off my face yet!

I spent this past weekend with two ladies. One I went to college with the other her friend. Had some wine and good food on Friday evening and some beer and my spinach pizza on Saturday. Was great to see an old friend I have not seen in 20 years. If facebook has one good thing going for it... it has helped me reconnect with a lot of old friends. I am looking forward to seeing some more old friends this weekend on my trip to Nooga! :party:

I spent this past weekend with two ladies. One I went to college with the other her friend. Had some wine and good food on Friday evening and some beer and my spinach pizza on Saturday. Was great to see an old friend I have not seen in 20 years. If facebook has one good thing going for it... it has helped me reconnect with a lot of old friends. I am looking forward to seeing some more old friends this weekend on my trip to Nooga! :party:

You sure do use the word "OLD" an awful lot!!!:shhh:

Getting ready to leave Denver......damn it, time to go back to the real world! :(

I don't have photos, but Brown Santa visited me too. Got the Crawl prizes from national today.

Brown Santa visited me too, dropped off the polyurethane for my leaf spring bushings.

Back