• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Variations On A Theme....

NICE! so you sit on the beach and "study", huh?;)

Did I mention it's Spring Break................
Shoreleave.gif

Is that Hood? I really do love the Pacific NW, both coast and mountains -- the Rockies have their own different kindof "stark" beauty, but the lushness of the NW is pretty sweet -- I just can't handle the grey skys that neither rain nor snow... just grey. I tried it in the the 90's (Seattle) and missed the stupid blue of the Colorado sky -- looks like you're enjoying it though, DJ - I'll hoist a Bridgeport porter to ya! :cheers:

Did I mention it's Spring Break................
Shoreleave.gif
Having gone into the ocean in Washington, Ill venture a guess that there arnt to many people swimming for anything longer than 5 minutes without a wetsuit:scared: Especially at this time of the year.

Sorry DJ, but Im going to have to call chops on those pictures. You can see where the background of the pictures dont line up, and no way people have built the same Jeep, but in different lengths. Next thing youre going to tell me, someone has made a short XJ. :rolleyes:

:flipoff2:

Having gone into the ocean in Washington, Ill venture a guess that there arnt to many people swimming for anything longer than 5 minutes without a wetsuit.......

Who said anything about swimming? The water might be cold, but the sand is still very warm..............:yelclap:

Oregon had a very mild winter this year. Its about 60 and sunny right now. Its supposed to be around 65 tomorrow. Thats like Hawaii to PacNWers.............:laugh3:

Is that Hood? I really do love the Pacific NW, both coast and mountains -- the Rockies have their own different kindof "stark" beauty, but the lushness of the NW is pretty sweet -- I just can't handle the grey skys that neither rain nor snow... just grey. I tried it in the the 90's (Seattle) and missed the stupid blue of the Colorado sky -- looks like you're enjoying it though, DJ - I'll hoist a Bridgeport porter to ya! :cheers:

Yeah Chris, that is Hood. 11,000 feet, straight up from sea level. Makes a Colorado 14er seem less impressive. Yeah, Seattle seems fairly bleak to me. I think Oregon has a nice combination of everything.

Your #4 reminds me of this one.

Real shopped!

one more of it

As I recall, Dan chopped the front of a long-bed down (note placement of fuel door) to attain his desired shortbed length. I wheeled with him in Moab once, a very nice and well thought out rig.

#7 in silver with Moab wheels.....and stock MJ-sized front doors.

Last edited:
Yes, long bed sectioned in the front and rear of the bed. I seem to remember he took 19 inches out of the frame and the wheelbase is somewhere between 99 and 101 inches.

Back