• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanagon love

Have you tried a plunger on the dent yet? I have heard that works great. also dry ice is supposed to pull a dent out but i havn't seen that one done yet.

PM the suspect's address....... Truggy's up for some more urban 'wheeling. :thumbup:

I thought you WERE the suspect... :shhh:

I thought you WERE the suspect... :shhh:

If you believe the fictional story....... then yes. :D

River: Dunno what the dent looks like, but those paintless dent repair places work miracles. Give them a try before you go filling dents and primering the paint. You may be left with the scratches if they're deep, but generally, the dents are gone. Should be easy for them to do since it's on such a large, flat surface!

I came out of the Cit Market today and found a shopping cart touching the sliding door on the van tonight. The dent's gotta be 8" X 2" with some nice scrathces. There's been some issues at work the last few months that can't be discussed but I'm hoping that someone would not resort to this. This is more of a dent than would have happened from simply rolling through a lot. Someone shoved this cart hard. Disappointing. Wish I could elaborate more.

News like this makes my heartlight small...:bawl: I expect that there was substantial damage to the shopping cart. There would have to be after such an impact.

Well yesterday Heather and I ventured down to Colorado Springs to look at swim trunks for me so I don't have to prance around in the nude on the beaches of Mexico. I glanced at the Speedo's for a second but that's another post entirely (Speedo love?). Anyways...we left the store empty handed as I couldn't find anything that accentuated my calves.

We're sitting at what could be the worst intersection I've ever seen (down near Powers and Carefree) and waiting for everyone to finish looking at each other and make a move :eyes:. I see this guy backing up out of a space and things aren't looking good at all. I nudged Heather and told her to get a load of this. A few seconds later he crunches a nice Maxima and buckles the quarter panel area. Then he puts it in drive and proceeds to pull to the intersection. Now a dozen people witnessed this and just watched as the guy pulls away. I start yelling and go to hop out of the van but then I figure he might just run me over. I yell at some people to stop that car and they just stare at me. So I get the plate number and all the pertinent info and re-park so I can write a note and put it on the Maxima.

Does the owner have recourse since it was witnessed and the info was obtained? What kind of society are we living in? Maybe if I had been wearing a Speedo I could have jumped out and stopped traffic?

Yeah, if you're willing to be a witness for them, they can totally make the police/accident report and they will likely have a good case against the driver - you'd have to be able to physically identify the driver to have him charged with hit and run, but if that doesn't work out, the Maxima owner will at least be able to get damages from the run vehicle's owner as it's likely the cops will be able to find damage to that car consistant with your statement.

:thumbup: Good on ya Chris for being that guy and doing what you did! :thumbup:

Well yesterday Heather and I ventured down to Colorado Springs to look at swim trunks for me so I don't have to prance around in the nude on the beaches of Mexico. I glanced at the Speedo's for a second but that's another post entirely (Speedo love?). Anyways...we left the store empty handed as I couldn't find anything that accentuated my calves.

Maybe if I had been wearing a Speedo I could have jumped out and stopped traffic?

If you had been wearing Speedo's, I would have been tempted to run you over. Otherwise, good work supercop!:worship:

I been holding on to this one for a while now. Lot's of good stuff going on here. Suby turbo motor, coilovers, full cage, 6 Recaro seats with harnesses, Lexan windows, BIG brakes. It was built by 3 guys over in Finland and it sees a lot of track time. It's just as light as a stripped down Porsche and out handles em too.

2r4j2aq.jpg

Out handles a Porsche? Which one? 912, Cayenne, maybe. 911, only in your dreams.

Fred

Unfortunately, I don't have video of the T3 on the track and it's off the road for motor repair. I do have plenty of video of this 62 on the track though. There's a lot of similarities between the 2 vans. This one uses a 993 bi-turbo motor instead of the Suby. It weighs 3300lbs. I believe a GT3 weighs in about a couple hundred pounds less. Obviously we could talk about the drivers abilities but I think it's not good to say that just because it's older or that it's a van means that it can't make things interesting against a newer vehicle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=powVngJ-Ljc

Coming back from Moab today. Van full of lesbians from Idaho doing about 20mph in a 40mph zone.
100_1442.jpg

Then along I-70, the bitches pass me and give me the bird.
100_1444.jpg

Wheres the LOVE????

Coming back from Moab today. Van full of lesbians from Idaho doing about 20mph in a 40mph zone.
100_1442.jpg

Then along I-70, the bitches pass me and give me the bird.
100_1444.jpg

Wheres the LOVE????

That IS Busch League Mingo. Whatta ya expect though...it's a Eurovan. The motor's in the completely wrong location.

We just got back from Mexico and there loads of VW's and killer vans. Pictures to come tomorrow.

I like the Vanagon much better than the Eurovan (simply because of the layout and location of the motor and gas tank being under the floor) although we did look at them. I will say that my buddy has a EV and tows his drag car with it on a full trailer. Mind you the car is a totally stripped down GTI putting out 512hp at the wheels but the van cruises all day long at 80mph. In Mexico, we saw loads of Beetles and a few Vanagons and buses but mostly we saw commercial vehicles. They were everywhere and they were cool. I was the only guy asking the drivers if I could look at them closer. They have one called the Crafter which is pretty widely used to transport people to resorts and there's also one called an LT. I believe most of these came with the 2.5 TDI and were probably getting low 50's for mileage. Here's what they look like:

ak8w79.jpg

351sbur.jpg

2rc32c4.jpg

2uz7bs2.jpg

Most of the ones we saw were way taller than these.

I did not even know of the LT model but it's very common in Europe. Here's an older syncro one. I'm completely over having a lifted vehicle but I do think this one is kind of cool.

mikpjq.jpg

Ignore the graphics but take full notice of the circular window. Recognize. Crazy Euros.

9r83k5.jpg

Back