• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanagon love

This episode was on Overhauling tonight.

Episode 6: That's All, Volks!
Like all VW fanatics, Hot Dog Fred has nothing but love for his old VW Microbus. After Chip and the A-team work their magic, he might just fall in love all over again.

It was NICE.

BTW, Hotdog Fred and I are not related. :)

Fred

This episode was on Overhauling tonight.

Episode 6: That's All, Volks!
Like all VW fanatics, Hot Dog Fred has nothing but love for his old VW Microbus. After Chip and the A-team work their magic, he might just fall in love all over again.

It was NICE.

BTW, Hotdog Fred and I are not related. :)

Fred

Here it is:

276549725_w4wdU-L-1.jpg

276549427_ijEYa-L-1.jpg

276556440_LpbW2-L-1.jpg

way cool for sure but......never been a fan of the air cooled ones.

Now see...this is what surprises me about you guys. You don't find any function/fun in a van that can actually do some pretty impressive things (particularly a Syncro). However, some of you do like an older air cooled one that probably struggles to maintain 55 without getting hot and is too pretty to do anything with other than drive around on a nice day with all those windows and sunroof open.

Too shay sir.

No idea why, but I have always had a soft spot for mini-busses too, and I watched the same "overhauled" last night that Fred (not the hot dog man) did -- cool resto, but they shouldn't have decked it so low as to drag over pebbles, kind of limits its utilitarian nature. Someday there may be one parked in my imaginary massive garage next to my XJ and my 65 fastback mustang... as for Vanagons, I always thought they were so butt-ugly that I wanted to do to them most of the things Yella depicted above -- strange there are so many VW Vanagon destructo pics available on the interweb... conincidence??

Last edited:
I see this thread has made it to the second page so it's time to feel the love. :loveu:

This clean 84 Westy belongs to Neil Shirley. He's a pro for the Jittery Joes cycling team. Man....a guy that likes bicycles and Vanagons. He's got game. I bet he macks on the Betty's.

23ke0d4.jpg

Back