• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanagon love

volkswagon + van = ghey

Totally respect that opinion. I'm sure there are loads that might think that installing a turbo on an XJ is equally ghey. :cheers:

I bet he macks on the Betty's.

Yeah, these Bettys......... :puke:

hippie5.jpg

1020481572_33bfb9acca.jpg

River........ are you sitting down?
I bet it's even got a "La Cucharacha" horn too! :D

01020114-01_1333.jpg

Simply secksy.........

43-Img0250.JPG

Last edited:
Check out the hippy-fab! Rear hatch added to the side! :thumbup:

2657830668_3ebb10c09e.jpg

Groovy interior!

2657830678_1436b73898.jpg

I always liked this link. If you can't find that perfect Westy, but still gotta have a VW...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0

image002.jpg

River, ever heard of this place? This will have you sportin' a woody......

http://vwpoptopcampers.com/

What's really interesting is to see the high dollar cars traded in to them.... Porche's, BMW's, Vettes.......... :dunno: I don't get it.

River, ever heard of this place? This will have you sportin' a woody......

http://vwpoptopcampers.com/

What's really interesting is to see the high dollar cars traded in to them.... Porche's, BMW's, Vettes.......... :dunno: I don't get it.

The previous owners of the high dollar cars suffered some drain bammage!! :gee:

It's getting mighty hard to see the love through all the mediocrity. I'll be taking care of that a little later on with something extra special for you Troy (although you wont understand).

You'll be happy to know that I turned down a van the other day as a trade (after much deliberation).

However...Heather is now 100% focused/supportive of my efforts at selling the Jeep and securing a suitable van. I'm waiting for CO to transfer my MO title and then it'll just be a matter of time.

Those that need to appreciate this will. This is an extensive Tristar project that's being finished up by a guy over in Sweden. There's so much that went on here but here's the final project pretty much. Those back doors were actually grafted in.

2ikfl0p.jpg

2ezmm42.jpg

The vehicle is on air bags. This is not a Syncro model.

The motor was replaced with a 1.8 turbo from a 2003 Audi. However the trans from the Audi would not fit and few do. A Porsche 996 trans does fit though so the guy used that. About half the bolt holes lined up but the big problem was the Porsche starter is mounted on the block and the Audi starter is on the trans. So this was his solution:

10o4mtu.jpg

He cut the bolt holes and the starter area out of the Audi trans and then welded them into the 6 speed. Pretty impressive.

2nu0ljq.jpg

263iqs7.jpg

Even if you don't like VW's or vans, hopefully you can admit that there is some real work in this thing.

Meh....... He should try installing a set of drop brackets..... with a hang nail on his wrenchin' hand. THAT takes skills and patience...... :D

Plus, even I can cut up a bellhousing and bolt it to a steel plate. Sheesh.

:D

All kidding aside though...... I don't get the "performance" side of the build. Tiny tires up front - smaller than the rear........ put that thing through a high-speed corner and it looks like it'd roll the tire off the rim and the entire vehicle balance is all skewed.

I bet it does a wicked nose-stand when braking though! :laugh3:

What woulda been cool is to have built that with the bed and platform extended to make a car hauler out of it! Tow rig for an SCCA or Ralley Golf/Ghia/Corrado/Jetta! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Here's one with a Volvo engine transplant...... :D

crash.jpg

Back