• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanagon love

I guess you had to be there...

UPLOADS350.jpg

UPLOADS349.jpg

UPLOADS348.jpg

In case you are wondering, I don't think they do this all the time.
UPLOADS351.jpg

It was a birthday celebration!
UPLOADS345.jpg

It is amazing that there is so much love for a creation of the third reich! Adolf Hitler created the Peoples Car because he wanted what Henry Ford had in the US. People demonize the swastica also created by Adolf Hitler but they love his car........:doh:

Here ya go River........ not exactly a Vanagon, but a pretty impressive new VW van.

The idiots on "5th Gear" test the VW Transporter against the A-Team GMC van....... pretty friggin' funnay! Also funny that they say the A-team van has a 6.2L diesel in it........ NOT.

Definitely worth watching. :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-M9k5UrD54

Well you'll all be tickled pink to hear that Herman the German is now sitting in the driveway again. I drove him home last night under his own power. The main culprit turned out to be a faulty relay to the ECU that was sending intermittent power. There were also some grounding issues. It runs better than it ever has. I may have picked up a few horsepower in the process. I'm so looking forward to my first race towards the end of this month. It'll be nice to get ready in the warmth, comfort, and plushness of the van.

I fell in love all over again. :loveu::loveu::loveu:

I was talking to Troy tonight for a bit and he wanted to reminisce about my beloved Ron Burgundy. Afterwards...I thought...it's high time this thread found it's way back to the top. I went back through and read every response in it thus far. I'm feeling the love. Coincidentally...I happened to see my old Van just the other day.

I don't know much about today's entry but I've heard that it has a transplant in it that consists of a 3.2 liter from the Porsche 911. It's not a Westy but it's still bitchin'.

w7bx1k.jpg

Too bad VW came before the war. The idea of VW was to make a car that pretty much everybody could afford. Ferdinand Porsche had previously left Mercedes because they wouldn't approve the project. Later hitler approached him on it. Porsche used the money generated by VW to then fund his sports car line named after himself.

A few weeks back someone smashed the drivers side mirror on my syncro, pissed me off because the passenger side mirror is the cheap and common manual(and I have a spare manual mirror here too) but my drivers side was the original, power, heated mirror that typically costs $100-150 each.

Then they busted my roomates pass mirror......why couldn't they have busted my passenger mirror....d!ckwads.

vvjAQ.jpg

Back