• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA woes

Roads

NAXJA Forum User
So I've had my lift on for a week now and decided it was time to crawl back underneath and torque everything down. While torqueing down the drivers side frameside UCA the bolt snaps, great..... Now the UCA is too far back in it's mount to get a new bolt through. What is the easiest way to get the UCA and frame side mount to line up without taking a bunch of crap apart? Also, in two days I have an alignment appointment. Would it be safe to drive? The shop is only a mile away and I wouldn't be going over 30mph. In case it makes a difference I'm using the RE control arm drop brackets.

there are a few ways to line up the holes one is use a large pipe wrench and a jack to rotate the axle untill the holes line up. another way is to put the e-brake on and try to roll the tire on the side of the broken bolt fwd. or backward untill it lines up.

If you are parked on solid ground (concrete, asphalt) you should try cranking the steering wheel to one side to see if the axle position will shift. If nothing happens, crank the other way. Usually works for me. Also a good technique for installing track bar bolts.

Don't forget that the UCA bolts are 10.9 grade

I just got done readjusting my longarm uppers and i had the jeep sitting on the ground, jacked the side up i needed to move a hair forward. Then i got my winch and ran it over the top of the axle around the pinion and inched it little by little till it rotated the pinion where i needed it. If you dont have a winch get a come along and do the same thing with one side of it hooked to a good strong bumper on anther vehicle or one yours.

Back