• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

typical cb channel?

atbguy

NAXJA Forum User
I'll be headed to Tellico this weekend :woohoo: and I was wondering what cb channel most folks typically run on the trail... The reason I ask is because I'll probably stick to trails 4, 6, 5, and possibly upper 2, and the only other vehicle with us will be a F250 and it'll be parked most of the time... So what channel's do you guys usually run?

While I'm at it, anyone else gonna be up there? It's just gonna be a more enjoyable and easier run since it'll be me, my gf, a friend and his gf...

TIA.
Justin

BTW, I have a '96 with a 2" BB, 31x10.50 AT's, and rock rails...

It varies from group to group...most common is channel 4

I would stay away from Upper 2 unless you done it before, can get pretty hariy at times and with all the recent rain I would say the bobsled is going to pretty slick...

I agree with Kudzu's take on Upper 2...once you commit to going down, there aren't many opportunities to turn around. If it's slick, stopping isn't even much of an option w/o using the 'canyon' walls or a lucky rock.

I'd advise against taking just one vehicle up in there in any case, but over the weekend you probably won't be totally alone. 4-5-6 arent too bad, usually.

I've done 4, 5, and 6 in a stock cherokee (well, the only mod was 30" tires) so I know I can do those. I've been with a Rubicon and Cherokee with a 2.5" lift with 30's come down upper 2, but I wouldn't do it if it was wet. I appreciate the advice and all, thanks.

Back